Official Review: A Love Predestined by Ben Dedrick

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Official Review: A Love Predestined by Ben Dedrick

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Love Predestined" by Ben Dedrick.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Love Predestined by Ben Dedrick is a romance novel about the intertwining lives of Amy and Peter. Both were struck by the same major tragedy - the loss of a spouse. Neither really considered the possibility of loving someone new. Through mutual friends, the two cross paths again and again. At first they don’t realize the importance of their meetings, but forces are working to bring them together. This story of fate will make you rethink destiny.

I was pleasantly surprised when I read the first scene of this book. I was expecting a typical love story between the two main characters. Instead, I was presented with a story that goes much deeper. The book starts out with a group of people in the Great Hall that are getting ready to go on their missions in the earthly realm. The Great Hall is a part of the spirit realm, and it’s where souls set goals for what they want their lives on earth to be like. This part of the book dabbled in the idea of destiny, and I loved it. I also think that the author did a great job describing the spirit realm. It was unlike the description of the spiritual world in any other book I have read. The concept behind it was phenomenal. I really enjoyed this addition to the plot.

I also liked the structure of A Love Predestined. The story was broken up into parts. It started with the prologue about the spirit realm, which was a great introduction for the rest of the book. Then it moves on to a part about Peter, followed by a part about Amy, and then one about another character named Grace. Once the individual parts were finished, the story started to weave itself together. It was a great set-up. Usually books like this switch between characters every chapter, which can be kind of confusing. I really enjoyed getting to know each character in his or her own story before they began to interact.

I only have a couple of complaints about this book. First, the ending was a little fast. There was so much leading up to it, and then the story was just over. I would have liked a little more detail as the story came to a close. There were also quite a few places where the grammar could be cleaned up. It wasn’t distracting from the overall story, but it was frequent enough to be noticeable.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. Overall, I thought it was a unique twist on what would have been a typical love story. I also really liked that the story was a clean romance. The errors were a little frequent for my taste, but it was still a strong story. I couldn’t quite give it a four stars because of the errors. If they were fixed, however, I would give this book a perfect rating. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a clean romance novel that isn’t identical to all of the rest.

A Love Predestined
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like anneloretrujillo's review? Post a comment saying so!
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

Great review! It's always nice when a story has more depth than you initially thought it would. This sounds like a great book :)
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP

CrescentMoon wrote:Great review! It's always nice when a story has more depth than you initially thought it would. This sounds like a great book :)
Thank you! It was definitely a nice change from other books I have read recently!
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

The first part of your review reminds me of the movie 'Serendipity' and then comes the part about the spirit realm and I really like that idea. However, the ending being 'a little fast' kind of bothers me and so do the errors. Good job on the review.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP

I have never seen the movie to compare it to. It might be one for me to watch.
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

Great review! This book sounds interesting, especially the spiritual realm aspect. I get confused when authors switch characters every chapter, too. I end up going to back to see where I left off with the characters in previous chapters. I'll add this to my bookshelf to read. Thanks!
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP

bruin wrote:Great review! This book sounds interesting, especially the spiritual realm aspect. I get confused when authors switch characters every chapter, too. I end up going to back to see where I left off with the characters in previous chapters. I'll add this to my bookshelf to read. Thanks!
You're welcome! It was definitely interesting.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Sounds like a good book. Wish it had a better ending. Thanks for the review :)
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP

AA1495 wrote:Sounds like a good book. Wish it had a better ending. Thanks for the review :)
Thank you. It was a good book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”