Official Review: One More Time is Not Enough by Belle Ami

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
L_Therese
Currently Reading: American Psycho
Bookshelf Size: 1970
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-therese.html
Latest Review: The Middle Ages by Jane Chance

Official Review: One More Time is Not Enough by Belle Ami

Post by L_Therese »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "One More Time is Not Enough" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As Belle Ami’s book One More Time is Not Enough opens, Adelia Lindstrom Breman’s life is getting back to normal. After a previous book’s traumatic episode involving an ugly divorce, a horrifying family secret exposed, and the endangerment of her children, Adelia is taking control and putting her life back together. She’s got big ideas for the future of her parents’ environmental trust, and she plans to reach out to her half-sister, of whose existence Adelia has only just learned. What is more, there are now two attractive and eligible men vying for her attention: David, the hero who rescued her children, and Miles, the wealthy ex-husband who wants her back. Adelia’s world might be complicated, but it’s headed in the right direction at last.

Meanwhile, David has joined the FBI, and his first case involves the murders of several scientists who have made their skepticism of man-made climate change public knowledge. David and his new FBI partner Cass lead the international manhunt, hoping for a big break that will finally put them one step ahead of their murderer. When Adelia announces a new direction for her inherited trust, David fears she may have just made herself a target for this new predator.

One More Time is Not Enough is categorized as crime/thriller novel, but it also bridges into the romance genre. Both the hunt for the killer and the development of several romantic relationships feature prominently in this third novel of the author’s The Only One series. The fact that it is the third novel in a series does hurt the book a little. While it can be read as a standalone, I found that doing so renders the beginning a bit confusing. The backstory concerning previous plot elements and previously-established characters is present, but reading about it from this vantage feels like playing catch-up. For example, I had no idea if I was supposed to like or trust Miles Bremen. The facts of his role in prior dramas were reviewed, but I felt like I had no frame of reference concerning his alleged change of heart. As the book continues, these dilemmas are usually resolved, but the beginning suffers a bit. There are also a few editing errors: occasional sentence fragments, subject/verb disagreements, and redundant phrases like “self-perpetuate itself”.

The plot is suitably complex and detailed. There is a sense of convenient coincidence at times; the characters and plot elements seem a little too interconnected. However, each plot line ends up being one strand in what becomes a beautiful tapestry. The romance angle is definitely geared toward adults. There is graphic language and sex throughout the book. As sweet and passionate as these relationships were, I wish the author had spent more time really developing the details. Several of the characters were “in love” very suddenly, and it occasionally made some of them seem a little fickle as their interests switched around without the appearance of deliberation.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Between the occasional editing errors, the elaboration that I missed in the development of the various romantic relationships, and the abundance of coincidence in the major plot line, I feel as though I can’t offer the book the maximum rating. At the same time, this is still definitely an enjoyable read and generally well-executed. I would recommend Belle Ami’s One More Time is Not Enough to adults looking for a steamy romance with a gripping plot.

One More Time is Not Enough
View: on Bookshelves

Like L_Therese's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kia
Currently Reading: Damaged Goods
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kia.html
Latest Review: Wheel of Katarnum by James Calliotte
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kia »

Thanks for such an honest review. I'm glad you enjoyed the book overall.
"Yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it."- Rafiki
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

The plot sounds interesting and I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Great review.
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Silvermoon »

I just finished a book that was the second in a sequel and because I had not read the first book, I had trouble understanding the characters and the plot. I understand your struggle.
I do like murder mysteries, but to me, sex diminishes the story. Writing about sex is like spending three pages describing an incredible meal, boring and unnecessary. Therefore, this does not sound like a book that I would be interested in. Thank you for your review. Good job!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

I think that One More Time is Not Enough makes my day reading it. I like the penmanship that Belle Ami puts into the writing is most excellent. It has finesse and continues being very interesting. I cannot wait to read it.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like an interesting book. I am intrigued with David's character. He seems like a determined guy and probably the one I would be rooting for as Adelia's partner. Too bad about the errors. Great job on the review. n
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

The plot seems interesting. Thanks for the review :)
Makht73
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makht73.html
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Makht73 »

This review was very helpful. I really enjoy a good romance, but this sounds like it falls into several different genres.
lane_vespertine
Currently Reading: Ilium
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lane-vespertine.html
Latest Review: "Hell Holes 2" by Donald Firesmith

Post by lane_vespertine »

Probably not a book I am going to be reading anytime soon, but all the same thanks for the review!
Latest Review: "Hell Holes 2" by Donald Firesmith
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Lovely review L_Therese! As someone whose niche is in Romance, this sounds like a book worth checking out!
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

great job on the review sounds interesting
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Adhen Surrain
Currently Reading: Bishop's War
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adhen-surrain.html

Post by Adhen Surrain »

This review was magnet to this fantastic book. So much described within those passage.
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Good job on the review but it does not seem like a book that I will enjoy. Congratulations to the author for getting such a good review.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
kjoan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3033">The Lost Symbol</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjoan.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by kjoan »

The plot sounds interesting.
However underdeveloped charachters and sudden unjustified 'jumps' in the story line are a big discouragement.
I'll pass
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Jazz14
Currently Reading: The Heart of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jazz14.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Jazz14 »

I have recently read Belle Ami's book called 'Escape' and even posted a review. She is really good at writing romance. She uses a quite detailed way of writing.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”