Official Review: Love for One by Stacey Haga

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Crossroad Readers
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossroad-readers.html
Latest Review: "Love for One" by Stacey Haga

Official Review: Love for One by Stacey Haga

Post by Crossroad Readers »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love for One" by Stacey Haga.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Adrianna Delco seems to have it all. She is beautiful, talented, and has a wonderful job as a successful make-up artist. Luke Jameson is a famous Hollywood actor. He's known as a womanizing playboy who is constantly being photographed with different women. Jake Lockwood is a personal trainer for celebrities. He also happens to be Luke's trainer. Although, that is not the only connection the two of them have. As it turns out, they both have been dating Adrianna and they both have strong feelings for her. Neither one is willing to give her up without a fight; which leaves Adrianna being faced with one of the toughest decisions she has ever had to make.

Love for One by Stacey Haga is the second book in the Love For series. At the very beginning of the book there is an advisory that this is a continuation of the first book, Love for Two. It is suggested that you read the first book before reading this one. I must agree, as I did not take the advice, and at first I was confused as to what was happening. However, the more you continue to read, the more you understand about the characters and what is going on. Even though I also recommend that the first book should be read prior to reading Love for One, if you choose to skip the first one then I believe you can still enjoy this book. I will warn you though that you risk being regretful and feeling like you more than likely missed a great book if you don't read Love for Two first.

I enjoyed Love for One very much. I feel that the author did a great job with the characters and developing them to make them likeable. Almost as soon as I started reading I felt like I was not going to like the main character, Adrianna. As a general rule, I don't like cheaters. It is extremely hard for me to like a character that cheats in a story. I'm not going to lie, there were many times when I felt like Adrianna was hypocritical and I had a hard time understanding why she had two great guys who were so infatuated with her and were able to look past the fact that she cheated on them both. However, the deeper into the book you get the more relatable she seems. By the end of the story I can honestly say that I was happy for her. None of the characters were perfect, but they were all perfectly flawed. Jake and Luke both had qualities about them that very easily could have made them unlikeable in my opinion. The only thing is that I ended up loving both of them. I had a really hard time deciding who I wanted Adrianna to end up with. It helped that certain chapters were written from different characters point of views. Ms. Haga was really able to allow us to learn more about the characters that way and we are able to see what is going through each of their minds.

Even though I appreciated that Adrianna was a character that I was able to like in the end. Ultimately, she was probably my least favorite part of the book. I still find that she was selfish, extremely hypocritical and really made me dislike her at times. Especially since I really did like Luke and Jake, I didn't feel like either one deserved to be treated the way she treated them.

Love for One is what I would consider more of an erotic romance novel. This book is filled with an incredible amount of steamy and passionate sex scenes. If you don't like reading explicit material, then this book may not be for you. However, if you do enjoy more erotic books then I recommend you giving this one a chance. I would rate Love for One 3 out of 4 stars. The only reason I couldn't give this book all 4 stars is because it was still so hard for me to get over the cheating part of the story. So for me I couldn't completely love this book.

Love for One
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Crossroad Readers's review? Post a comment saying so!
ObsessedReader
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedreader.html

Post by ObsessedReader »

Great review
Crossroad Readers

Thank you so much ObsessedReader!
ObsessedReader

Post by ObsessedReader »

Well this sounds like a really interesting book.
Crossroad Readers

It really is. I would recomend it.
ObsessedReader

Post by ObsessedReader »

It sounds like a book I would enjoy. I might have to put that on my list of books to read.
Crossroad Readers

I hope you do! And let me know what you think of it If you do decide to read it.
BmR26

Post by BmR26 »

Good job on the review.
Crossroad Readers

Thank you!
BmR26

Post by BmR26 »

It also sounds like a book I'd be interested in reading.
Crossroad Readers

I recommend it. You'd probably like it if it sounds like a book you'd be interested in.
BmR26

Post by BmR26 »

Thanks! :lol:
Topcho
Favorite Author: J.R.R.Tolkien
Currently Reading: z2
Bookshelf Size: 853
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topcho.html
Latest Review: "Sonar The Cyclone" by B Truly

Post by Topcho »

Very nice review! You really got me interested. However, I too have a hard time liking cheating characters. This Adrianna reminds me of another character I read about earlier this year. I plainly hated her and still can't get over it. I guess I need some more time, lol. Meanwhile, I may look further into the first book of the series. Thanks for sharing your insight!
Latest Review: "Sonar The Cyclone" by B Truly
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

That was a very honest review. I like stories with lovable characters and I think I may end up disliking Adrianna as well :D nevertheless, it seems like an interesting book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”