Official Review: Dark desires: dipped deep in eroticism

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jamie fred84
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamie-fred84.html
Latest Review: "Shiver Cove, Part 1: Tamyra" by TJ Shortt

Official Review: Dark desires: dipped deep in eroticism

Post by Jamie fred84 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dark desires: dipped deep in eroticism" by Delicious David.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a short book of 'erotic poems' consisting of over a dozen different poems. Most entries are very short poems, with some entries being a short dialogue between two people. They are all very straight forward and blunt, like most erotic stories. Most of the stories were male/female roles, but there were some same sex roles as well. Even though some of the stories may have been leaning toward romance, there was a lack in that department. There were touches of domination and voyeurism.

Based on the definition of the word, these poems were erotic because they were related to sex. However; another definition of the word is causing sexual feelings. I did not feel that these stories were anywhere close to causing sexual feelings. I did not like anything about this book. These stories were not exciting at all and they were very poorly written. I am no English teacher, but some of the following errors are obvious and takes away from the book on their own.

1. From entry #4 My Master: "They are tastier then my tits"
Mistake #1, then being used in place of than, occurred frequently.

2. From entry #5 Sunrise, Coffee & You: "Breathlessly, unnoticed I enjoys your love..." and "me sitting on terrace"
Mistakes like these happened often as well. Leaving out 'the' or some other word and adding an 's' where there should not be one.

3. From entry #9 Return: "I'll forget your all miseries once again"
In mistake #3 I don't understand the line at all. Are the words mixed up? Is there a missing word(s)?

I was only 10 poems in and I couldn't help but to think there may have been a language barrier, or a translation issue. It seemed as though I was listening to someone who is not fluent in the English language. I also felt like the writer did not try. In my opinion poem #12 was a complete wreck, filled with many obvious mistakes.

This book was horrible and gets a 1 out of 4 from me! I gave this a 1 because I absolutely would not recommend it to anyone. The only reason I even finished it was because it was so short. Poetry is not my favorite thing to read, but if it is well written I can enjoy it. I can not imagine this book would appeal to anyone. However, it may appeal to someone who has never read a decent erotic story, only because it is short and to the point.

Dark desires: dipped deep in eroticism
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jamie fred84's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Joseph Addison
Latest Review: "Shiver Cove, Part 1: Tamyra" by TJ Shortt
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

This was a good review. It gives me a good grasp of what this book contains.

I was kind of stumped by #3 too.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”