Anna and the French Kiss - REVIEW

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kennaloulou
Bookshelf Size: 2

Anna and the French Kiss - REVIEW

Post by kennaloulou »

Anna and the French kiss follows seventeen year old Anna as she attends her senior year in a fancy french high school. But she didn't go to France of her own choosing- her father, a well known author in the romantic tragedy world, is forcing her to go to the prestigious school in order to make his reputation a little bit better. Anna is upset about the whole thing until she meets St. Clair.
St. Clair is an incredibly handsome, yet short, guy. He was born in America, but has a British accent, and a French name - Etienne. As Anna gets to know St. Clair more, she starts crushing on him, hard.
The only thing standing between their relationship is Ellie, St. Clair's girlfriend, whom, from what Anna hears, he is very serious with.
Anna and St. Clair have one year together in Paris. Is it enough time to find true love?

Okay, I will come right out and say that I wasn't that excited about Anna and the French Kiss the first time I picked it up. It looked like one of those books that would lack quality and a good story plot. But after reading a lot of emotionally hard hitting novels, I decided to sit down and read something light and fluffy.
Next thing I knew, I was addicted to the book. It may be that I'm a hard core romantic and was sucked in by the dreamy Etienne St. Clair, or maybe it was the surprising conflict that I wasn't expecting. In some ways, the book hit very close to home for me.
Another thing this book held that I just love in books - the romantic torture. You know when the relationship just isn't working out how you want it to work out, you get that twisted feeling in your gut, and you have the sudden urge to throw that book through the window? Yup. That was me at four A.M.
Surprisingly, I also found that this book got me thinking. It had strong themes and values, and it is especially stressed in the end. The book isn't steamy and full of romance the full way, either. You need to work to get there (in which case, I mean, read.)
I laughed, I cried, and in the end I gave it two thumbs up. I recommend this to anybody who loves a good romance! :D
LauraBambrey
Favorite Author: Lucy Robinson
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Breath of The Titans by Riley Amos Westb
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurabambrey.html
Latest Review: "Empire" by Calvin Jones
fav_author_id: 3167

Post by LauraBambrey »

I really enjoyed this one too - you're right, it does have a deeper side (which comes as a surprise when you take on board how it's packaged!) I thought it would be a bit of a young read- but at 30 I still really enjoyed it :)
Latest Review: "Empire" by Calvin Jones
Emmers00
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmers00.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Emmers00 »

Anna and the French kiss by Stephanie Perkins, I would give this book a 3/5 stars. This book is about Atlanta based Anna; the daughter of a wannabe Nicholas Sparks who is less than thrilled at him sending her to a boarding school in Paris for a year. She goes on awkward adventures and ends up falling for the sarcastic and attractive Ètienne St. Clair. This book is full of relatable characters and romantic moments as well as the alternate story of Anna growing as a person. Recommend for ages 15 and up. Sex /nudity- a few inappropriate conversations, a boy and girl sleep in the same bed several times (nothing bad though) one scene invovles a couple "practically having sex" in a club. 6/10 Language -several f words d***, b**** a**hole 6/10. Drugs/alcohol - some 2/10 Violence-hardly 2/10
Adela1209
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Adela1209 »

I enjoyed this book too. I don't usually read romance, but my best friend gave me this book so I tried it. I was basically fangirling at the end of it. I just loved it so I decided to read the following book "Lola and the Boy Next Door". :)
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 2kasmom »

I agree with you so much! I loved your review, by the way. I loved that you pointed out that it is okay to pick up a book you have put down in the past. I have done this with A&TFK as well.

This book has such great surprises inside, and if you do not give it a chance you end up missing out on the good neaty parts of the story and the incredible series it kicks off!

Do you plan to continue into the series? Maybe we could do a read a long? Has anyone here ever done those?

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”