Official Review: The Black Lotus by Claire Warner

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tracy19
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracy19.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Book of Designs" by Catamount Mayhugh

Official Review: The Black Lotus by Claire Warner

Post by tracy19 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Black Lotus" by Claire Warner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book centers around the forbidden relationship formed between Melissa De Vire and Justin Lestrade. Melissa de Vire is an innocent maiden who has just been introduce to society in order to find a husband, but her first coming out party was a complete disaster and she must leave for the country for awhile to avoid the scandal. Justin Lestrade is a young gentleman who has the reputation as a rake and not the type of man any parent wants for their daughter, Justin is not what he seems and he has a secret that has to be kept hidden. Melissa and Justin have so much to contend with and their lives only get more entwined and tangled with drama. The story ends will a whole lot of unanswered question, so will be looking out for the next book to help fill in some of the mystery.

This book is filled with suspense, intrigue, drama and romance, so I feel it can fit in either of those genres as it has so many elements of each genre.

I think the author has a great writing style, and she definitely knows how to capture and keep the reader’s attention. She created impressive characters filled with intense emotions and powerful personalities. I enjoyed that she gave the story from each characters point of view not just the one. This is the first book in the Night Flower series by this author and I cannot wait to read the next one she produces. I would recommend any of this authors books and will be looking out for any books she releases in the near future.

I really enjoyed this book and the story line was fascinating and full of intrigue, I struggled to put it down until I reached the very last page. The characters were perfect for the story, Justin’s character is mysterious and full of depth while Melissa is to the point and does not beat around the bush she is strong and all she wishes is to make her own choices in life. Although the choice of which path her life will follow was taken away from her. I think this book will appeal to a lot of different people as it falls into multiple genre’s, whether you are a fan of romance or drama, you are guaranteed to enjoy this book.

I would recommend this book to all those book fanatics who love a good read. I rate this book a 4 out of 4.

Buy "The Black Lotus" on Amazon
Latest Review: "The Secret Book of Designs" by Catamount Mayhugh

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”