Official Review: My Highland Lord by Tarah Scott

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
vsc_vet_tech
Favorite Author: I have a few.
Favorite Book: Hard to narrow to one
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsc-vet-tech.html
Latest Review: "Crisis (Vampires Rule 2)" by Rocky Grede
Reading Device: B005890FN0

Official Review: My Highland Lord by Tarah Scott

Post by vsc_vet_tech »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Highland Lord" by Tarah Scott.]
Book Cover for 1738
Share This Review

My Highland Lord is book two in a series by Tarah Scott entitled Highland Lords Series. These books fall in to the genre of Romance, which are not usually books that I lean towards. The story line in these books keep you interested. Having not read the first book in the series, there may have been a few plot points that I did not understand, but all in all this book can stand on its own.

My Highland Lord takes place in England and Scotland in the Early to Mid-19th century. It is focused on the quest of one Phoebe Wallington, who is trying to clear her father’s name of a crime he was accused of when she was young. She became a spy for the British Government and has been trying to clear his name for many years. Along the way, she is kidnapped by a Scottish Lord named Kiernan MacGregor, whom Phoebe believes to be a Highway Man. The kidnapping was not what it seemed and ended up being a case of mistaken identities on both ends.

The story follows Phoebe and Kiernan through their courtship, if that is what you can call a forced marriage, due to the rumors that surfaced after the kidnapping. Phoebe’s honor was tarnished, because Kiernan held her captive for two weeks, all the while thinking she was someone else. When Phoebe finally escapes him, their lives become forever intertwined.

Phoebe does not trust Kiernan and she becomes determined to prove he is not what he seems. In addition to trying to find the truth about her father, she wants to find the truth about her future husband as well. To her surprise her father and Kiernan are more like than she thinks they are. Phoebe and Kiernan get themselves in and out of a lot of trouble on the way to the altar and after.

I would give this book a 3 out of 4 stars. There are some story flow issues that were a little distracting. There could be hours between the end of one paragraph and the start of the next, with no break in the page. Then sometimes if there was a break in the page, or the start of a new Chapter, no time would have passed. All in all I would read the rest of this series of books from Tarah Scott. The story line carried the book along and the sex in the book was not really any more frequent or graphic than in some of the other books that I have read.

Buy "My Highland Lord" on Amazon
"A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
Latest Review: "Crisis (Vampires Rule 2)" by Rocky Grede

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”