The Dark Duet (Book 1) by C.J. Roberts

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cmason
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Dark Duet (Book 1) by C.J. Roberts

Post by Cmason »

Despite the book's dark-edge of reality, it was overall a good read. The plot was raw and dark and the characters showed a steady mixture of intense yet very normal human emotions, giving the book an authentic feel.

Don't get me me wrong, I enjoy the everyday 'your mom's romance' books, but there's nothing better than getting lost in a book that elicits a variety of emotions. I felt remorse, anger, shame, and lust all perfectly laced together from the beginning to the end of this very, intense read.
Shellby85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shellby85.html

Post by Shellby85 »

This sounds interesting!
Could you elaborate more on it though?
Cmason

Post by Cmason »

Caleb, the hero, has immersed himself into the dark world of sex trafficing in order to get revenge against the man that once kidnapped him and sold into slavery as a child. To get close to this man he wants to kill, he kidnaps an 18 year-old girl, Olivia Ruiz, and trains her to be a sex slave; intending to sell her to the man he seeks vengeance on. At first, Olivia is frightened and angry, but soon she reveals a dark sensuality side of her; making it impossible to deny her attraction to her strong, sexy, and arrogant capturer.
Ashley07
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley07.html
Latest Review: "The Lost Tribe" by Peter Ivey

Post by Ashley07 »

I started reading this with one hand over my eyes, I believe I made it 2 chapters in and gave up. I love a good dark plot but have to be in the mood. The writer did a really good job of giving the "hero" a creep factor. Now that there's a second in the series ill be going back and finishing the book.
Latest Review: "The Lost Tribe" by Peter Ivey
Megwe85
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megwe85.html
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar

Post by Megwe85 »

I just finished reading all three "Dark Duets" books. Two words: Stockholm Syndrome. The first two books were dark and at times, fascinating. I couldn't stop reading. But, I felt that despite the author's best effort, the love between Livvie and Caleb wasn't genuine. She was bonded to him because of the trauma she endured. I still enjoyed reading them though - very intense!
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar
Cindyh
Currently Reading: Sex, Lies & Nikolai
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindyh.html
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Cindyh »

I've read this series twice and I absolutely loved it! It is definitely a dark read but one you cannot put down!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”