Night Huntress (Book 1) by Jeaniene Frost

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cmason
Bookshelf Size: 0

Night Huntress (Book 1) by Jeaniene Frost

Post by Cmason »

One of my favorite series, and not because of an interesting plot, hot love scenes, or spicy characters. Sometimes, an author develops a character so captivating to the heart that even the most boring books become impossible to put down. That being said, the hero, Bones, is an irresistible character: determined, self-assured, dark and sexy. On the other hand, the heroine, Cat, is irrational, not well developed as a character, rash, and too immature for someone who kills vampires. The plot was basic and mostly boring, but who cares when there's a character like Bones to drool over.
KLyons1
Favorite Author: Many
Favorite Book: See Favorite Author
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klyons1.html
Latest Review: "A Vision of Angels" by Timothy Jay Smith

Post by KLyons1 »

Your description of the heroine is exactly the reason I give for not having finished this book and thus not being able to enjoy the series, despite the appeal of the hero ...
Latest Review: "A Vision of Angels" by Timothy Jay Smith
Shellby85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shellby85.html

Post by Shellby85 »

How many books have been released in this series?
I may give it a try even though the plot is apparently boring i have always had a soft spot for a sexy dark hero :)
Cmason

Post by Cmason »

I believe there are 7 books in the series :-)
VanessaCherie21_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vanessacherie21.html

Post by VanessaCherie21_ »

I absolutely adore this series! I loved Cat as the heroine and found that even though she was a bit irrational, she was an entertaining character. This series was one of the few romance series that captured (and held) my attention, and I felt as though the relationship between the leads felt very real.
Totoro
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-totoro.html
Latest Review: "The Crystal Heart Volume 1" by Anthony Swinsinski

Post by Totoro »

I really loved this book in the series; I am not completely up to date. Seeing this thread definitely makes me want to go out and get the rest of the series.
Latest Review: "The Crystal Heart Volume 1" by Anthony Swinsinski
jrankin0607

Post by jrankin0607 »

One of my favorite vampire series ive read, I loved Cat and Bones relationship. Even that their rockiest times, Sometimes you have to push thru. the following books after the first dont make you get stuck like the first one it really picks up and then your hooked. I agree that I almost didnt finish the first book myself. Very happy I didn't :)
born2read82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-born2read82.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by born2read82 »

This is one of my all-time favorite series, along with her Night Prince series featuring Vlad, and the stories telling Denise and Spade's story and Mencheres' story. I have several books that stay on my Kindle rotation for quick access or when I want something familiar to just relax with for a while and Frost's books make the cut (although I switch out which of the books I have up). Cat never got on my nerves the way she has for some of you and Bones makes up for anything lacking...YUMMY!
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

I have never heard of this series before, but from the feedback many of you have given on it, I am going to have to add it to my list of books to read. I love strong characters in books and Cat sounds like an amazing one to follow.
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
batkinson6490
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Illustrated Edition
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-batkinson6490.html
Latest Review: "High Hopes" by Sue Lilley
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by batkinson6490 »

I must say, this is one of my all time favorite series. I love every character, every book, every spin off book, etc. I love Cat and Bones so much. I must say that I do put the face of Klaus on him from Vampire Diaries but that English accent is amazing! I think Jeaniene did a great job at keeping the series going. I wanted more books but thankfully we still have Vlad's story line going! I love how she changed up the vampire world here. She gave it a new twist and I loved it! I am an original twilight fan but I REALLY think these books should be made into a TV series.. BAD!
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times when one only remembers to turn on the light."
Latest Review: "High Hopes" by Sue Lilley
Waugh a617
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waugh-a617.html

Post by Waugh a617 »

I love cat and bones! Loved this series and all the character even Ian lol. Wish there were more devoted to this series. I like vlad's series too.
variek-
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-variek.html
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by variek- »

I read the whole series I Iove the storyline and the world the books are set up in. I'm irrecoverably in love with Bones. He is sexy, loyal everything I like. But Cat irritated me sometimes. Especially in the later books when she didn't out Tate in his place. That being said I still love the series I think Jeanine Frost did a great job in creating a vampire series that is just sooo hot and captivating. Move over Twilight and Vampire diaries, Cat and Bones have taken over in my disloyal heart.
SouthWest
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-southwest.html

Post by SouthWest »

This is one of my favorite series as well! It’s one I have to return to every once in a while to reread a favorite scene – or the entire book, or two. Bones is definitely a highlight in the series and I have to say that Cat becomes more likable because of what Bones sees in her. It’s told in first person through Cat’s point of view, so we only get into Bones’ head when he shares his thoughts and feelings with Cat. But when he does, those are some of my favorite scenes.

What really fascinated me about this story though, was how real their relationship felt. Each book is filled with supernatural conflicts, stuff that we can’t relate to in the real world. But their relationship, the emotions, the jealously, the arguments, the hopelessness in certain situations, the undying loyalty to each other, that all felt very relatable.
pet2017+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pet2017.html

Post by pet2017+ »

I enjoyed this series although I do agree with some of the other post about Cat being irrational and sometimes immature. But I definitely think that Bones brought some qualities into the story that made this series that much more engrossing. I also enjoyed reading his backstory and about his history with Spade.
Texas_Jazz2016
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 7394">Into the Fire</a>
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-texas-jazz2016.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Texas_Jazz2016 »

I thoroughly enjoy the whole series. Maybe Cat seems rather immature in the first book because of her upbringing. She really did not have much socializing so doesn't mature as a character until after she meets Bones. They are a hot couple and so in love.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”