Sherrilyn Kenyon

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tabIRinribbons1313
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tabirinribbons1313.html

Icon Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by tabIRinribbons1313 »

Sherrilyn Kenyon one of the best authors of this genre, possibly of our time
You simply must read this author. If you like Buffy the Vampire Hunter: the series not the movie, Angel, The Avengers, Marvel Agents of Sheild. The tv show Supernatural. These things are all by writers who understand comedy and sardonic wit. These are the people who knew smart was sexy before that was the popular opinion.

I read with a pen in hand, no matter what I am reading. I look up words I don't know if I run across any. Plot holes make me crazy. I remember almost everything I read and this author is one that never drops the ball. I put this out in the universe, if anyone can find her mistake I would love to see it. She is starting to scare me that she's so good.

So you guys can start with anything she's done. There is no bad here. She writes a traditional romance series about good bad guys, like cops, firemen. Maybe I should say tough good guys. She writes a paranormal romance series that is incredibly diverse. This series includes vampire type creatures and were species, dream hunters, gods from many pantheons and the titans. She also has a series using King Arthur and Camelot in ways I have not seen before. She does manga and soon her young adult novels will be made into products for viewing. She says she writes 25 pages everyday. Oh and she writes a fantasy series about her imaginary playmates from childhood except they've grown up.

She is an incredible role model.
jechamer
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jechamer.html
Latest Review: "Death is a Machine" by Zebulon Grey

Post by jechamer »

I agree - Sherrilyn Kenyon is one of my favorite authors. I only keep two authors in physical books and she is one of them.
Latest Review: "Death is a Machine" by Zebulon Grey
Shadowed_Gates
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: Honest Illusions
Currently Reading: Moxie
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadowed-gates.html
Latest Review: "How to Write Really Good Research Papers, Really Fast" by Bob Ward
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by Shadowed_Gates »

I caught up on her Dark Hunters series a few months ago. I just need to read Styxx. She's very enjoyable.
Latest Review: "How to Write Really Good Research Papers, Really Fast" by Bob Ward
Leahhamblen
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leahhamblen.html

Post by Leahhamblen »

Sherrilyn is simply amazing. Her Kinley MacGregor's are unrivaled. Thrilled she brought her League series to life after so many years. Styxx didn't have quite the same oomph as Acheron. Let's face it, there just aren't many characters that can come close to stealing your heart like Ash does. My ferret is named after him! Styxx just didn't play much of a role in the series so his story, I dunno, just wasn't as personal. The way sherrilyn told his story ( from his perspective ) changed your mind about Styxx. The puzzle pieces were exact. I've used Kyrian's story, Night Pleasures, to introduce many doubters to the Paranormal Romance Genre. This is my first post.. 4 to go? :-)
Summom11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summom11.html

Post by Summom11 »

It threw my off that Styxx got his story before some of the other characters. I thought the book was great. I was disappointed that the reconciliation of ash and Styxx was a spur of the moment life is great. I think it needed a little more there. Also, my book had numerous spelling and grammar errors I do not remember seeing in her other books. Even with those two things, Sherrilyn Kenyon is my favorite author. I have read all of her books but the BAD series which I could not get into.
allthatglitters
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allthatglitters.html

Post by allthatglitters »

Sherilyn Kenyon is one of my favorites. Along with her dark hunter series I also really like her League series too. I even got my husband to read them he likes sci-fi books.
Rebecca8

Post by Rebecca8 »

There is no doubt that Sherrilyn Kenyon is one of the best American writers and my personal book of her is "Bad Moon Rising"
[Kaytlen]
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: Murphys Law
Currently Reading: Judes Law
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaytlen.html
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by [Kaytlen] »

I think any series by Sherrilyn Kenyon is a must read. The Dark Hunter series is great and her League series is really good too. The League series should be read in order though, whereas the Dark Hunter Series can be read out of order. There are some books like Acheron and Styxx that must not be read out of order, but overall if you find a book by her and it isn't the first in the series you still won't be lost in the story line. I must agree with Leahhamblen though, Styxx didn't have quite the same oomph as Acheron, but it was still worthwhile to read because it adds great insight to his character and why he did things in the other books.
lulabelle515

Post by lulabelle515 »

I got seriously addicted to this series! I haven't been able to find a good book lately. I think I may go back and reread them.
Ramcharan63

Post by Ramcharan63 »

I found my first Kenyon in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart five years ago. I haven't been able to stop reading them since. I grew up with my family owning a book store. I was constantly around them, reading, sorting and everything else you could possible think of. When I get a new Kenyon, everyone knows that they won't be talking to me anytime soon, cause i just can't put them down. I have a list of all the ones that I still need a printed copy of (I have all the ebooks), and whenever my husband does something stupid he just buys me a Kenyon off the list because he knows that he will be forgiven. I love these books and won't ever stop learning new things about the characters. Can't wait to see the film and tv series and if they will stay true to who the characters really are.
jat0424

Post by jat0424 »

Kenyon is also one of my favorite authors. I LOVE her Dark Hunter Series and The League. Her Belador series wasn't bad either. I actually enjoyed both Acheron and Styxx. I liked seeing Ash through Styxx's eyes. As far as world building she is up there with Rowling, Tolkien and Lucas. I mean she created an entire Pantheon of Atlantean Gods for the Dark Hunter books. She is definitely one of the best.
vfreeman
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vfreeman.html
Latest Review: "Cities of Kings" by Atreyee Gupta

Post by vfreeman »

The only books of S.K.'s that I read are the Dark Hunters (and related Dream Hunters, Were, etc). I love them, but I have to be in the mood. Sometimes they blur together in my mind.
Latest Review: "Cities of Kings" by Atreyee Gupta
jaschul1

Post by jaschul1 »

Love her books. Actually got to meet her at a book show in Montgomery, Texas north of Houston. She was very cool and I completely geeked out!

I'll pretty much read anything she writes but so far I just can't get into the "Chronicles of Nick". I guess I'm just too old:-(
Shellby85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shellby85.html

Post by Shellby85 »

I totally agree with what you have written.
Sherrilyn is by far one of the best in this genre, and i have read a lot of these books! I find her writing truly captivating and will go out of my way to find something she has written that i have not read.
khart2go

Post by khart2go »

Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter Series is a staple if you enjoy paranormal romance. She is a genuinely good author. Her character development is unparalleled. After reading Acheron, which is way down on the reading list (maybe #15?) I realized so many mysteries from previous books had been solved in that one book, I had to go back and re-read the entire series because so many things took on different meanings. Kenyon's characters and plots and storylines are developed and interwoven together strongly. Love it! Love her!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”