The Selection by Kiera Cass

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Briana Fitzpatrick
Currently Reading: Seven Years to Sin
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briana-fitzpatrick.html

Re: The Selection by Kiera Cass

Post by Briana Fitzpatrick »

I read that book a while ago. I remember loving it, but I never finished reading it. Now I know what I'll do when I have free time!!
Gotta Book
Favorite Book: The Nickel Boys
Currently Reading: Godshot
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gotta-book.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B07X4GF8HS

Post by Gotta Book »

Loved the first books and was so looking forward to The Heir. What a let down. Eadlyn is a snotty brat and not worthy of any of her suitors. And then it does not even have an ending that goes anywhere. I suppose the author wants to get another book out of the series. I cannot imagine reading it if it is the same lead character as The Heir.
tebo19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebo19.html
Latest Review: "Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry" by Kaviru Gayathri Samarawickrama

Post by tebo19 »

I absolutely loved the entire series with maxon and america and i can't wait to get my hands on the heir
Latest Review: "Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry" by Kaviru Gayathri Samarawickrama
Ginger_Julie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginger-julie.html

Post by Ginger_Julie »

hnelson001 wrote:I thought this book was amazing. When I started reading it I was looking for something different and it kept popping up on my suggested to read. I didn't know if it was for me at first then I started reading it and I couldn't put it down! I finished the first one in one night and started the second right away! I have recommended so many of my friends to read this series! All in all if you are looking for something different to read and are needing a break from the heavy romances out there this is it! : )
Also, if you noticed, Cass did a really good job in incorporating the theme from the Divergent books too! I thought it was very creative because they are similar in some ways, but overall, they're very different from each other. I think I can real appreciate that from an author. I also read the books so quickly, all three of them in a week! The romance isn't too heavy, I agree, because it doesn't focus on the relationship between American and Maxon the entire time, a lot of it is political and really focuses on character development.
HollyWood

Post by HollyWood »

I actually read the entire series and LOVED it! I got so caught up that I bing read them all. I will say that I did get super frustrated with the constant going back and forth between the two main characters. There were times when I was just like "come on and get over the crap" but then that would not have made for a very interesting book. lol
Mother
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 07">Goblin Moon</a>
Currently Reading: The Passing Bells
Bookshelf Size: 5
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Mother »

Ever since "The Selection" came out, I've been going back and forth about whether or not I want to read it. I finally purchased it and I'm going to delve into it tonight. The premise really interests me, but I think last year I ODed on YA. So I'm ready now. ;)
StefanieB312
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stefanieb312.html

Post by StefanieB312 »

This is one of my favorite series. I loved each book, even when the characters were getting on my nerves. Sometimes I just wanted to yell at them to communicate lol. I was so happy with not only the main relationship, but the relationships that build between the different girls.

I do not like the newest book from the daughter's point of view. I was so disappointed with her character. I wanted to love the book so much since I really love the first trilogy, but her character really ruined it for me. I will of course keep reading this series, and hopefully she will grow on me.
Erica28767
Currently Reading: Undercover Vixen: The billionaire's Mistress
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erica28767.html
Latest Review: "I'll Run to You" by Nikki Vale
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Erica28767 »

I loved this series!! When it starts out I compared to to a cross of The Hunger Games meets The Bachelor. Romance meets a world with a class system. Still waiting on that 5th untitled book to be released....
Latest Review: "I'll Run to You" by Nikki Vale
Christen1
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christen1.html
Latest Review: "What's it gonna be?" by Cassandra Piat

Post by Christen1 »

This is a great series!! I would highly recommend it as well. I cannot wait until the 5th untitled book to be released. Once I picked up the first book I could not set it down! All I wanted to do was read to find out what happened next. There were times in were I couldn't believe half of the things America did but it just made you love her more. There are parts in the book that will make you laugh, parts that will make you angry, and parts that will make you cry which in my mind is a great book!
Latest Review: "What's it gonna be?" by Cassandra Piat
tmichaels

Post by tmichaels »

I absolutely love this series! I felt Kiera did a great job and loved all the different characters!
ms-harris
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by ms-harris »

I have read this entire series recently, and like you said, once I started I could not stop. I actually read all 4 of the books in 4 days. I was hooked after the first one!!! After reading The Heir, I am hopeful for a 5th to come out in the series!!!! They have just the right mix of humor, romance, and suspense!
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

I read the first three books, The Selection, The Elite and The One. Generally, I enjoyed the story. However, I found some characters somehow not my type of characters, and though I finished all three books, I did not read the next one, The Heir. I might. I'm still thinking about it.
Clifora
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clifora.html
Latest Review: "Before I Wake" by Seven Steps

Post by Clifora »

I found The Heir... decent. It was quite interesting to see things from the Point of View of the person doing the choosing. However, I felt that America's story was much more entertaining to watch as there was so much competition and until the last second, the reader just didn't know what was going to happen. Recently, The Crown has been released, but the ending was so... predictable! It wasn't as good as America's.
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”

— T.S. Eliot
Latest Review: "Before I Wake" by Seven Steps
braver
Currently Reading: Playing Big
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braver.html
Latest Review: "Storm of Arranon" by R E Sheahan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by braver »

I did not expect to love this series as much as I did! I really fell in love with the characters in the first three books. I have to agree with not liking Eadlyn as much though. I haven't finished the series yet (still need to read The Crown), but I think I would only re-read the first three (America's story).
Latest Review: "Storm of Arranon" by R E Sheahan
VividReader
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=86758">A Court of Mist and Fury</a>
Currently Reading: Clockwork Prince
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vividreader.html

Post by VividReader »

Best book series

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”