Fifty Shades of Grey

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
psyche
Currently Reading: Void Contract
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psyche.html
Latest Review: "NovoPulp Anthology - Volume 2" by Niamh Brown, B. Morris Allen, M. J. Kobernus, David Grigg, Kimberly Unger, Daniela Huguet, Russ Bick

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey

Post by psyche »

I never got more than a few chapters in, but I a still glad his book is popular. It helped erotic romance become more mainstream. I lie erotic romance as a genre and people are less judgemental about it these days.
Latest Review: "NovoPulp Anthology - Volume 2" by Niamh Brown, B. Morris Allen, M. J. Kobernus, David Grigg, Kimberly Unger, Daniela Huguet, Russ Bick
pallavi garg
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pallavi-garg.html

Post by pallavi garg »

Even dark n twisted can fall in love....a real sensual , erotic a passionate love story...read the whole triology...though first is just erotica...and cliff hanger story develops in later two....enjoyed reading....
teameg99
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teameg99.html

Post by teameg99 »

I've read them all and yes it has a different edge to it. It's erotica and there can be some scenes where you almost want to reach into the book and strangle someone, but I honestly love the series. Please, whatever you do, do not base it off of the movie. The movie was okay, not great, not even that good, just okay. The book is so much better. If you don't like reading extremely, emphasis on the extremely vivid sex and BDSM scenes than this is definitely not for you, but if you like that, than I would definitely encourage you to read it. Some parts make you want to laugh, cry, even jump up and down for hours because you're so happy, but again it's not for everyone.
Overall it's about a twisted man (Christian) who has been through so much in his life and a girl (Anna) who changes him. He has certain interests in the sex department, which alters between pain and pleasure. Throughout the books we see these two progress in their relationship, both learning to change for the other and accept their differences. It's really so hard to explain, because there are just so many different elements to the novels, but I recommend reading it and giving it a try. I love it and I've learned to love the characters, too.
bloggingtk

Post by bloggingtk »

Unlike many people who dislike it for the BDSM content, I disliked it because I kept having flashbacks to the writing of Stephanie Meyer. Good thing about it? It's getting people to read.
ANCD
Currently Reading: Left Behind
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ancd.html

Post by ANCD »

This series is not just about erotic sex scenes. There's a whole lot more to it. It's a beautiful love story about a misguided man and a smart, shy, but strong woman who gets pulled out of her shell. Where Christian finds himself unworthy, Anastasia finds him priceless. Where Anastasia finds herself doubtful and less than herself, Christian shows her otherwise.
Mrs_Darcy25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrs-darcy25.html

Post by Mrs_Darcy25 »

Fifty Shades of Grey is about a young lady with zero self worth allowing an egotistical handsome billionare to emotionally abuse her, with some sexy kink thrown in.
Life_in_pages
Currently Reading: Eleanor and Park

Post by Life_in_pages »

A complete blend of romance, suspence and erotica. Fifty Shades of Grey is all in one. For me this was a one-of-a-kind series. Even people who dislike BDSM can learn so much from this. This is not just a romance story with some really detailed sex scenes. This series has the power to make you look into the pathetic life some children are forced to live and that's what makes them who they are later on. It also emphasizes on the power of love ; no matter who you are and what you do, people who love you with all their heart will always be with you.
And of course, it provides with you great sex tips! ;)
fitkittymama
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fitkittymama.html

Post by fitkittymama »

There is a lot more to the books than just the sex and a lot of growth in the characters if you read the entire series. Admittedly the writing is not the best and some things can be repetitive, you have to read between the lines (or sex scenes) to find the true substance of the story.
And I agree with an earlier poster who mentioned that it helped to bring erotic fiction into mainstream.
Brooke8808
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke8808.html

Post by Brooke8808 »

This book to me was good. Very detailed and I do mean very. If you like erotica/romance books this one will definatly be for you. Because there is lots and lots of steamy parts.
ISLANDGURL26
Currently Reading: You'll Do Anything for Her
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-islandgurl26.html

Post by ISLANDGURL26 »

This series is pretty good especially if you like dominance within the bedroom. The romance part is also a great feature
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Post by Booky_BettyC »

I was very disappointed with that series. I literally wanted my money back. If you ever plan on reading it then you should try finding it for free. It's so repetitive as well as the main character herself is always indecisive about the same things constantly throughout the series. Gets pretty boring and flipping ahead becomes a strong option while trying to read it
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
Marie Reynard
Currently Reading: Zero Day
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-reynard.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Marie Reynard »

I started to read Fifty Shades of Grey, and got through the first chapter. It read to me like the start of a typical romance novel, and not a very good one! When I heard that the book didn't start heating up until about chapter eight, I decided that no sex scene could possibly be worth slogging through six more chapters, and quit.
ChristieSR
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiesr.html

Post by ChristieSR »

I read all three books, the first series that I read with erotic content. I felt the if you did take away all the sex there was a story line. Rich guy finds a girl with low self confidence, and in their own way they feel in love.
Judyk
Currently Reading: Orphan Train
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judyk.html

Post by Judyk »

ChristieSR I took away that while he taught her a lot about sex, she helped him overcome his past trauma and learn about love :-)
dina s
Currently Reading: Taken - A Many Lives Story
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by dina s »

I didnt get into the hype when everyone was reading it, saw some of the film, but not that interested, just me

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”