Last Stop At Paradise by Kristin Wallace

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Last Stop At Paradise by Kristin Wallace

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Shellwater Key Tales (Book 3)

STORY-LINE LAST STOP AT PARADISE BY KRISTIN WALLACE:

Last Stop At Paradise, Book 3 of the Shellwater Key Series, has a wealth of emotions and a intense story-line relevant to today. The backdrop in this book could appear in today's news head lines. Callie Dalton's life imploded when her famous televangelist husband embezzled funds from his huge ministry and commits fraudulent acts. Left in disgrace after he dies from a heart attack, Callie and her 2 children's last resort's her childhood home in Shellwater Key, which hold nightmares of its own. Meeting Noah Johnson, who she mistakes as her pool boy, goes from bad to worse as the only place to employer Callie also has Noah on staff. Noah's seen by the town as an angel in disguise; kind, helpful, easy-going, and handsome as sin. But Noah has secrets he has long harbored which could change everything.

The Paradise Dinner Theater, owned by Layla McCarthy, her friend from childhood is a lifesaver. Callie's given a chance to start life anew, as well as, finding a possible romance interest in the town's resident handyman slash angel. Can Callie let go of the past and accept Noah and his former occupation? Or will Callie's insecurities keep her hiding because of past traumas? Can Noah face his own demons and grab the chance of a new life? My reviews for romance novel, Last Stop At Paradise, follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Last Stop At Paradise is an intense character driven novel. Filled with emotion, Wallace grabs the reader immediately. I could feel Callie's desperation as she tries to overcome her husband's duplicity. Wallace uses Callie, hated and reviled, to demonstrate the lessons of letting go, grabbing life, and going for the gusto. As well as, showing we are all human and face temptations, and sometimes succumb to those temptation; no one is exempt to human fragility. Learning to believe in yourself again is a valuable lesson Callie learns as she fights to create a new life for her and her children.

Noah's fighting his own demons; yet, he knows God has something in store for him when he settles in Saltwater Key. Wallace builds the romance slowly as Noah and Callie battle their own insecurities and demons. I was rooting for Noah from the begin of the story. He's every woman's dream man.

I loved the secondary characters in the novel as we find all our old friends back together again. Saltwater Key's a typical small town filled with many diverse characters which Wallace used and developed to their fullest. Some of them you will love and others you will love to hate.

The pace of the book was smooth and steady with plotting which holds the readers attention. The writing's clear and clean with sweet romance; even a touch of mystery. These novels get become better and better as each story's told. I look forward to the next book in this series.

LAST STOP AT PARADISE RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

I would not hesitate to buy this intense romance novel for my self or a friend. Last Stop At Paradise is a wonderful addition to the Shellwater Key series. If you have not read this series, I recommend you do so.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

In addition, I voluntarily received an arc copy of this book/novel. I voluntarily chose to review this romance novel with honest reviews for romance novel, Last Stop At Paradise. Furthermore, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. All book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. No one influenced my reviews for romance novel, Last Stop At Paradise.

LAST STOP AT PARADISE ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

PROVIDED BY AUTHOR

Kristin is the USA Today Best Selling Author of inspirational and sweet contemporary romance filled with “love, laughter and a leap of faith”. Growing up Kristin devoured books like bags of Dove Dark Chocolate. Her first Golden Book led to Laura Ingalls Wilder, Nancy Drew, C.S. Lewis and the Sweet Valley High series. Later, she discovered romance novels and fell in love all over again. It’s no surprise that she would one day try her hand at writing them. Kristin is the author of the Covington Falls Chronicles, inspirational romances set in a fictional Southern town, as well as the Shellwater Key Tales.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”