Beautiful Bastard series

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kdwilson
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Beautiful Bastard series

Post by Kdwilson »

I started the series but after the first three books I couldn't get into the others.
Aditi_Bose
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi-bose.html

Post by Aditi_Bose »

i love it. They have a beauty about them that's tough to ignore. But of course, this would be only for those who love this genre of books.
tobealice18
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by tobealice18 »

So, earlier in the year i decided to pick a book, after just having read Fifty Shades Of Grey and wracking my brain for how such a book could hold so much potential only to be ruined by poor writing skills (sorry 50 fans!).
I thought to myself 'surely someone somewhere got it right?'
After hours of searching, i found it, the book, no the series; Christina Lauren's 'Beautiful' series.

Beautiful Bastard was where i started, and it was full of potential from the start, it had the drop dead gorgeous girl we all need to read about, she's feisty and fierce, a woman i believe is inside all of us women somewhere, the kind of "I don't give a damn" attitude, oh but she does, clearly, give a damn.
When it comes to this "Beautiful Bastard" so cleverly introduced in the title, without wanting to spoil anybody's fun reading this book he is indeed a beautiful bastard.

It has drama, it has heat (and boy do i mean, you left your oven on heat.), absolutely enthralling characters, not just the main ones! If you have every intention of reading the still on-going series, i highly suggest you pay close attention to those side characters!
I couldn't put it down (or my boyfriend for that matter if you know what i mean!) I seriously recommend this book as a follow on from 50 shades. Christina Lauren, the amazing duo writers (Christina and Lauren) completely captured my attention, i felt part of this book, emotionally attached to the ups and the downs of the characters and left me pining for more.

Well, what on earth are you waiting for? Get going!
We all need a Beautiful Bastard in our lives!
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

I have been undecided about this book for a while now, but I have to say, reading your summary does make me want to read this book. I enjoyed Fifty Shades of Grey and Up in the Air, which had alpha males and BDSM, but something about this plot has always made me stay away. Another concern was that each book follows a different set of characters and I like the following the same couple through the ups and downs.
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
pale rose writings
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pale-rose-writings.html

Post by pale rose writings »

I have had this series on my maybe list since the first time I read 50 shades. I've always been on the fence about it, honestly with most books I've come across in this genre, out of reader dread that it'll be just another botched attempt at crafting a deliciously taboo love story but after reading your summary I have decided to take a chance at least on the first book of the series. :)
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html

Post by cherrykarl »

All I could say was that, the story maintained it's hype. Literally, from beginning until the end the two characters were perfectly fine hating, did a lot of casual, fervid hot f**k and realized they can't get enough of each other. They thought they can get out of each other's system but the truth was that they are falling in love. It was too foreign that they didn't know how to deal with it properly other than playing with fire.

Until Benneth Ryan was brave enough to tell Chloe Mills what to do with their mutual love-hate for each other. Well, it wasn't that easy because they have to deal with the consequences of the rules. The thing going on with them two will sure drag them down with their career and image hanging in balance.

Exceptional and witty! This is the perfect epitome of that saying: The more you hate, the more you love.
HarleyQuinn2016
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harleyquinn2016.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by HarleyQuinn2016 »

I have read the entire series and enjoyed every last one of them. Personally, Beautiful Player was favorite. I liked how the two ended falling in love with each other. The series is a great read for anyone who loves erotica.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by 0706405519 »

I also loved it the name actually attracts you before you read
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

I loooved the first book. Bennet was the epitome of hot sexy boss. I don't blame Chloe for falling for her Boss. Fabulous work by the author. i'd like to read the rest of them. hopefully, they'll be as great as the first one
Harley1984
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=28294">A Discovery of witches</a>
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley1984.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Harley1984 »

This series is amazing. These are the books that you try to hide when reading them. They definitely fall under the erotica title. My favorite was Beautiful Player. Will and Hannah make a great couple. Not to mention it was nice to read how their story progressed.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Melody1234
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melody1234.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by Melody1234 »

Absolutely loved the series!!! One of my favourite authors! The first book is my favourite followed by the third. The humor, romance, sex, storyline and living their fetish are all the good points of this series. You just fall in love with the characters!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
tonipet
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by tonipet »

this book is very interesting because the storyline is good
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I love this series. My favorite is Beautiful Player. I only recently found out that this is fan fiction of Twilight.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

I adored this series. My favourite is the first book, Beautiful Bastard. Chloe and Bennett were a wonderful couple, especially since Chloe didn't allow Bennett to dominate her as we often see in romance novels. It also had one of my favourite tropes - boss-secretary romance.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”