Official Review: Office Hours by Lori J Gordon

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Official Review: Office Hours by Lori J Gordon

Post by ananya92 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Office Hours" by Lori J Gordon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Office Hours by Lori J. Gordon is a book written in the romance genre. It follows the story of Emily and Ryan on their journey to love.

Emily has decided against office romances after her last disastrous relationship and wants nothing better than to keep her professional and personal life as apart from each other as possible. However, fate has other plans when her new boss, Ryan Rose, is not able to resist his attraction towards her. Just when they both think that they have found the love of their lives, things turn worse for Emily, when her ex decides that he is not ready to walk out of her life. Hiding her past from Ryan turns out to be a big mistake, since Ryan doesn't seem to be in a forgiving mood. Will the couple be separated or will they overcome Emily’s past to stay together forever?

The story starts off on a good note and promises to be interesting. The first meeting of the lead characters is especially hilarious. Emily’s character is quite believable. The mess she gets into and the dilemmas she is facing are also quite relatable. Emily’s misgivings about getting into another office romance and her struggle to control her emotions towards her new boss are successful in getting the reader completely engrossed in reading the book.

However, after crossing the halfway line, the storyline begins to falter. Ryan’s character, though quite entertaining in the beginning, becomes a bit overbearing midway through the book. It is undeniable that Ryan loves Emily and is ready to take any measures necessary to keep their relationship alive; however, there are parts of the story where he decides for both of them which are a turnoff in the storyline. Though the story is fast paced and action packed, the characters could have been provided a better background. The switch from attraction to love between the lead characters is pretty sudden and could have been dealt with in a better manner.

Despite certain flaws in the storyline, the book remains engaging till the end and the author provided for enough suspense in the book to keep the reader hooked. The side characters are also believable like Ryan’s mother, Lois and his brother-in-law, Colby. The action packed climax of the book is also quite different. Ultimately, this story concludes like most typical romances in this genre. I rate this book 3 out of 4 for its engaging story and believable female protagonist.

Office Hours
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ananya92's review? Post a comment saying so!
lj gordon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lj gordon »

Thanks so much anaya92's I'm glad you enjoyed my story. Thanks for your honest feedback and detailed review.

lj Gordon :)
ananya92
Currently Reading:

Post by ananya92 »

I was checking out some other books you authored and the Lost Night Trilogy seems really interesting. I have added it to my TBR pile.
debo9967
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debo9967.html
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover

Post by debo9967 »

Sounds like a cute romance. Nice review.
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover
ananya92
Currently Reading:

Post by ananya92 »

NicciCarrera
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NicciCarrera »

This looks really good. Congratulations Lori.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”