Hidden Mortality by Maggie Mundy

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Official Review: Hidden Mortality by Maggie mundy

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hidden Mortality" by Maggie mundy.]
Book Cover for 1770
Share This Review

Hidden Mortality is a fictitious Romance novel based in modern day England. Maggie Mundy, wrote a well thought out, page turning novel that allowed the reader to empathize with the characters and picture what was going on. I really enjoy books that have good descriptions as it allows the reader to picture what is going on and make the book more appealing to the reader's imagination.

Cara is going through a chaotic point in her life where she is losing everybody that she loves and having strange experiences that can only be described as her losing her mind. Witch-craft, immortality are all thrown at her in the midst of everything else and so is her dream lover. This is a story about love ignited, love lost, and love found again. A book that had me staying up late wanting to know what was going to happen next.

Seth is long lived and only wishes to complete his task so he may die and finally be at peace. His mission is to be protector to his dead lover's descendants until he falls in love over the current descendant he has been watching over. As Cara makes her way into his life, he begins to wish for a normal life or peace and love. Something that both of them will have to fight for. His character was well described and nothing was left out of his background, leaving no questions for the reader to ask.

I really did enjoy this novel, from the description of the locations, to the thought out storyline as the author took you back in time to complete Seth's history and his role in the book. I wasn't left asking many questions and the questions that did come to mind were answered shortly after I thought of them. I found it an exciting read and all my expectations that I look for in a book like this, were met. I was excited and really felt connected to the characters.

As for what I didn't like here wasn't much of anything. Grammar was pretty good, there were a few grammatical errors throughout the book but not to the extent to become annoying and make the book unenjoyable. However, I did also find it predictable, guy gets the girl, they live happily ever after, but as with a romance it has come to be expected and the storyline built around that predictability was unpredictable and made for an exciting story.

I give this story a 4 out of 4 stars because I really did not want to stop reading. I was excited and could easily empathize with the characters. If the book were available in a traditional book format I would definitely be adding it to my list of books to buy. I highly recommend this book to all of my fellow readers, who love action, mystery and a perfectly played out romance.

Buy "Hidden Mortality" on Amazon
maggie mundy 57
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by maggie mundy 57 »

Thank you so much for this lovely review. I grew up around Bath and Bristol where the book is set so the places were all familiar to me. I appreciate you comment about the happy ending. My daughter read it and nearly killed me when she thought they would not be together. You have to say though that I don't make it easy for them. Thanks again.

-- 23 Apr 2014, 22:56 --

This book will be out in print format at the end of the year.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Thank you for the great review! It sounds like a good book. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

maggie mundy 57 wrote:Thank you so much for this lovely review. I grew up around Bath and Bristol where the book is set so the places were all familiar to me. I appreciate you comment about the happy ending. My daughter read it and nearly killed me when she thought they would not be together. You have to say though that I don't make it easy for them. Thanks again.

-- 23 Apr 2014, 22:56 --

This book will be out in print format at the end of the year.

I believe the traditional predictability wwith the twist was just perfect! It worked out so well I think.

I will more than likely buy a copy, I like to buy books that I really like.
gali wrote:Thank you for the great review! It sounds like a good book. :)
Thank you gali! It was!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”