Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?
Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2918
- Joined: 31 Jul 2006, 23:00
- Location: CT
- Favorite Author: Voltairine de Cleyre
- Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men
- Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
- Bookshelf Size: 181 books
View Reviewer Page
- Reading Device: Nook Simple
- 2017 Reading Goal: 36 Books
- Goal Completion: 8%
I enjoyed glimpses into the culture and business of Myanmar. The contrast between "foreigners", locals, returning locals, rich and poor were all briefly touched upon and could have been extended upon to capitalize on the rich characters and setting.
It was written more like a journal lapsing a year, or travel log at times, than a novel. Because of this I was able to read the book quickly. In fact this book did not require me to think in any way. It was however a nice diversion on a windy day giving insight into Myanmar that I didn't know before.
4 out of 5 stars.
The names of character’s mentioned in the stories are fictional to protect the reputations of the individuals.
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 22:06
- Location: Australia
- Favorite Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
- Favorite Book: Struck By Lightning by Chris Colfer
- Currently Reading: reading five books and they wont fit
- Bookshelf Size: 31 books
View Reviewer Page
- 2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
- Goal Completion: 0%