Jeffery Archer

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
anu_
Currently Reading: Idiot by Fyodor
Bookshelf Size: 0

Jeffery Archer

Post by anu_ »

I have heard a lot about Jeffery Archer. I am planning to read at least one of his book. Any suggestions?
"Children were playing when Holston climbed to his death" Wool by Hug Howey
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

anu_ wrote:I have heard a lot about Jeffery Archer. I am planning to read at least one of his book. Any suggestions?
I'm not a huge fan of Jeffrey but A Prisoner of Birth I thought was dam good
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
anu_

Post by anu_ »

Hey Fran, can you give me a rough idea about Prisoner of Birth. You said you are not a huge fan, so is Archer not as good a suspense writer as he is made out to be.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

anu_ wrote:Hey Fran, can you give me a rough idea about Prisoner of Birth. You said you are not a huge fan, so is Archer not as good a suspense writer as he is made out to be.
I don't buy his books but I work with one of his fans who has lent me quite a few of his books over the years. Prisoner of Birth is about a wrongly convicted prisoner who usurps a cellmates identity & set about his revenge. Also if you like short stories Archer's And Thereby Hangs a Tale is also good.
Enjoy your reading.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
anu_

Post by anu_ »

Thanks Fran.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

I'm a Jeffrey Archer reader. I've read a number of his novels. Recently I finished his short stories "Cat O'Nine Tales" and his first book in a planned trilogy "Only Time Will Tell". I enjoyed thriller "False Impression" which revolves around a priceless Van Gogh painting. He doesn't write graphic, tortured, hugely emotional prose nor does he go into great detail. His characters do the exlaining and that, I think, is his forte. He takes everyday people with one simple yet extraordinary story to tell, and then lays it bare for us to examine. Most of his tales are from real life, he tweaks them to increase the entertainment value. In his writing, it's basically quirky human nature which shines through.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
primrose777
Favorite Author: Chaim Potok
Favorite Book: The Chosen
Currently Reading: The Light Between Oceans
fav_author_id: 4227

Post by primrose777 »

I enjoy Jeffery Archer very much. He tells a great story with great characters and often with a twist at the end. I liked Prisioner of Birth, though I could see what was coming but my favourite novel of his is "As the Crow Flies" . That was a great read. Not a fan of his short stories though, but then I am not a fan of short stories in general as I get my teeth into them and then... it's all over.
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. Zora Neale Hurston.
LittleWilma
Favorite Author: Jeff Melton
Favorite Book: Dark Destiny
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlewilma.html

Post by LittleWilma »

I picked up one of his books for cheap at a library sale a few years ago. I have some issues with my memory and I can remember reading it and I remember liking it. I cannot remember the title and I cannot remember what it was about, but I would read him again.
"I like liquor — its taste and its effects — and that is just the reason why I never drink it."
-Stonewall Jackson
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

He is great and often has a twist at the end. I think I liked best his early series with Kane & Abel. His books now are a little different.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
shilalekh
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilalekh.html

Post by shilalekh »

One of my favourite authors. I must have read "As the Crow Flies" and "Kane and Abel" countless times. And will read many times more.
TLGabelman
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tlgabelman.html
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel

Post by TLGabelman »

I have finished 4 of his to date. All of the Clifton Chronicles. They are well written fast reads with easy story lines to get hooked on. I am looking forward to his 5th in the series.
“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel

Return to “Discuss Authors”