Chetan bhagat

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
matthewarnold
Bookshelf Size: 0

Chetan bhagat

Post by matthewarnold »

he is one of the most famous book witter from India . his sense of writing is very nice and touchy to heart of youths all over as engineer +management scholar his work is superb his most famous books are :
five point some one
two states
three mistakes of my life
and one night at the call center
:D :D :D :mrgreen: :D :D :D
Francine

Post by Francine »

hello
I think that chetan Bhagat is the famous writer from India .He is written many books like as Revolution 2020,2 STATES,Five Point Someone .
Regards
Francine
anu_
Currently Reading: Idiot by Fyodor

Post by anu_ »

Just finished reading Revolution 2020, a book about three childhood friends Gopal Mishra, Aarti and Raghav. But, essentially the story revolves around Gopal's struggle to overcome his poverty and failures. Liked it in parts, but did find the title unjustified. There was hardly any real revolution in the book, it looked to me as just another love triangle.

However, I did find Chetan Bhagat's 'Two States' and 'Five Point Someone' as quite interesting. Particularly, Two States is a hilarious account of an inter-state, inter-caste love affair, set in India and I absolutely loved Chetan's humour.
"Children were playing when Holston climbed to his death" Wool by Hug Howey
moonstruck
Currently Reading: A Woman of Substance- Barbara Bradford

Post by moonstruck »

Chetan Bhagat is someone that spews out filth in his books. I find it pathetic and lame that his books involve a girl throwing herself at a boy. And he just HAS to insert a few sex-scenes, with absolutely no purpose. I don't know if he thinks that books don't sell without them. There's hardly any humour, wit and barely any creativity.
cyaneus

Post by cyaneus »

Chetan Bhagat is indeed famous, and mostly popular among the younger generation in India. It is also helpful that by now three of his books "Five Point Someone", "One Night At The Call Center" and "The Three Mistakes of My Life" have been made into Bollywood movies. The movie, which is based on "Five Point Someone" is one with a rather high rating on Imdb - 3 Idiots.

The books do seem to follow a kind of formula, but they seem to depict a reality for a large part of youth in India - the pressure to become an engineer and get into IIT, having to work in a call center, or just the corrupt society one has to deal with.
Although I didn't quite like all of the books too much, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's filth. I find them amusing and thought-provoking, but it depends on your point of view and possibly the state of mind of the reader while reading the book.

I think they're worth a read just because they give a glimpse to another culture.
pravinkumar

Post by pravinkumar »

His latest release was Half Girlfriend, Once upon a time, there was a Bihari boy called Madhav. He fell in love with a rich girl from Delhi called Riya. Madhav didnt speak English well. Riya did.

Return to “Discuss Authors”