Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
KatieD
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by KatieD »

I have to add Sandra A. Kopp to my list. Her writing style pulls you straight into the action, her characters are people you can identify with and care about, and once I started her book, Warrior Queen of Ha-Ran-Fel, I couldn't put it down. I'm hoping she puts out another one soon.
sammonroy

Post by sammonroy »

it would be john green.
alybff1998
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alybff1998.html

Post by alybff1998 »

My favourite author is without a doubt Luanne Rice. The first book I read by her was Safe Harbor and I fell in love. I love her books.
Ismael

Post by Ismael »

My favorite author is Terry Pratchet. I love the Disc World novels. Great satire. A funny look at humanity through a fantasy world.
redibrd
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redibrd.html
Latest Review: "I'LL TAKE THE FAT ONE" by C.D. Shelton

Post by redibrd »

A few of my favorites are:
Diana Gabaldon
Jean M Auel
EL James
Janet Evanovich
James Patterson
Dean Koontz
Steven King

Need more?! :)
Latest Review: "I'LL TAKE THE FAT ONE" by C.D. Shelton
bencyjack1

Post by bencyjack1 »

There are many authors who writes good novel. I like EL James who is best author and Fifty Shades of Grey which is best book book..
Gree66bo

Post by Gree66bo »

Wow. After reading your actual post, not just the title of the thread, Scott, I thought errrm, maybe I won't post my fave author, but scrolling down made me feel more secure (though not that much more) about my extremely popularist choice. I adore Terry Pratchett - I think that, as well as being one of the best humour writers ever, his works are wise and optimistic. His characters should appeal to those with a Kantian bent as duty always comes above self-interest: my top quote from 2 different characters, in 2 different books is actually the same: 'Personal isn't the same as important'. The fact that 2 of his characters who have never interacted have said the same thing might be seen by some as a negative point about a writer, but there are certain characteristics our heroes have and this is an excellent summing up of, for me, the main one. Also, being such a prolific writer, it is only natural things come up across books; I suspect it is only because this was so simple and apt that I even noticed it.

To LoveHatesYou - can I ask for a little more info about Chuck Palahunick. As an A-level Philosophy and Psychology teacher, I've come across some of his quotes and he sounds like someone I'd be interested in, but I always assumed he was a journalist due to the nature of the quotes. What kind of thing does he write?
sarahshomemaking

Post by sarahshomemaking »

My favorite author is Danielle Steel. I love her stories and feel that I can really relate to them. My favorite book by her so far is The Long Road Home.
leon_k

Post by leon_k »

my favourite author is Robert Jordan. for his amazing Wheel of time series.
preetisoft2

Post by preetisoft2 »

My favorite Authors are-
Nelson DeMille
Chris Bohjalian
Richard Dooling
Ed Henderson0615

Post by Ed Henderson0615 »

Right now I'm enjoying Joanna Trollope, reading some of her early works (The Rector's Wife, The Men and the Girls, The Brass Dolphin, A Passionate Man). I love the wonderful, biting dialogue.
cobooboc

Post by cobooboc »

My favorite J.K Rowling, she really is a great novelist.Easily to people from the real world into the magical world, and I like her very much.
pawpoint
Favorite Author: Robert rankin
Favorite Book: Raiders of the Lost Car Park
Currently Reading: Robert Anton Wilson
fav_author_id: 8853

Post by pawpoint »

Anny horror / supernatyral fans tried Peter James? He is great
lindsey0058j

Post by lindsey0058j »

My favorite author is Karen Kingsbury. She is a Christian author and her books are always exciting and full of interesting characters. She has written about my different topics and I have enjoyed every book she has written. Her books are very uplifting.

-- 05 Sep 2012, 14:42 --

My favorite author is Karen Kingsbury. She is a Christian author and her books are always exciting and full of interesting characters. She has written about my different topics and I have enjoyed every book she has written. Her books are very uplifting.
bookfan

Post by bookfan »

Its got to be this new author Arlene Hayes - writes really different stuff, like a mix of everything in the book but it really works well, like the story rolls along at a fast pace but it all seems so natural, like its believable and it could happen in real life.

Return to “Discuss Authors”