Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Jasper
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasper.html
Latest Review: "The River Way Home" by Mary E. Dawson
fav_author_id: 2376

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Jasper »

George R.R. Martin at the moment, but that' will definitely change in about three months. I don't have a specific one for very long.
Latest Review: "The River Way Home" by Mary E. Dawson
vfreeman
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vfreeman.html
Latest Review: "Cities of Kings" by Atreyee Gupta

Post by vfreeman »

I have to jump on the Laurell K. Hamilton bandwagon. She has created a world that has completed consumed me from time to time. I have read and reread both series numerous times (and am looking forward to doing so again!) Another favorite is Diana Gabaldon.
Latest Review: "Cities of Kings" by Atreyee Gupta
randompadley
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randompadley.html

Post by randompadley »

my idol is stephen king (despite doctor sleep being disappointing) but my favourite author changes from month to month sometimes, I just go through stages of reading an authors work, and if i enjoy it, then he/she kinda becomes my top author until the next one comes along, its really hard to choose a favourite though, so many talented authors picking one is cruel!
haines_drew
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haines-drew.html
Latest Review: "The Recluse Storyteller" by Mark W Sasse

Post by haines_drew »

I know it's a little cliche but mine is probably Shakespeare. He was a brilliant author and deserves every bit of love he gets. King Lear and Hamlet are probably my favorite of his plays, they are simply amazing. If I had to chose someone else though, it would probably be J.K. Rowling or John Green.
Latest Review: "The Recluse Storyteller" by Mark W Sasse
calib371
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-calib371.html

Post by calib371 »

Rick Riordan
Michael Scott
Suzanne Collins
There's TOO MANY!!!!!
Daniel12345

Post by Daniel12345 »

Hello everybody i'm Daniel .Suzanne Selfors is my favorite author. I like her books smells like pirates, smells like dog, smells like treasure, lonely lake monster.[/] Just wanted to share my thoughts and make a post.
iah995
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iah995.html

Post by iah995 »

My favorite author is Gerri Hill. I would choose her because, to me, she can wrote and amazing romance novel along with a great plot that has to do with murderers or monsters or just love. Corny, I know, but amazingly awesome. I've read all of her books and won't regret a thing.
ITnker
Favorite Author: No favorites.
Favorite Book: See favorite author.
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itnker.html
Latest Review: "Shadows of Damascus" by Lilas Taha

Post by ITnker »

There is an author for every genre of books I read that I prefer over some of the others. To pin point a favorite, I would say I have three, Stephen King, James Patterson, and Andy Andrews. I have a rather large collection and read all of Stephen King's books and followed Alex Cross through James Patterson's spin on fairy tales. I was recently introduced to Andy Andrew's writings and find them very inspirational.
Some of my happiest moments are when lost within the pages of a book!
Latest Review: "Shadows of Damascus" by Lilas Taha
emilia-sz
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilia-sz.html

Post by emilia-sz »

It's really hard to decide on one author considering how many books I read yearly, but if I really had to answer such question then I would probably choose Kurt Vonnegut. I adore his wittiness, dark humour and somewhat simplistic language. The fact that his books belong to science-fiction genre is just an additional perk.
sweetie545
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetie545.html

Post by sweetie545 »

I love Kaitlyn Davis not for anything she said or big deep meanings, just because her character building, plot line, ideas, writing fluency, and just the style makes it fun and understanding. I love her series Midnight Fire.
Felisari
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: The Eight - Katerine Neville
Currently Reading: Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by Felisari »

There is also a Spanish Writter whose has been translated into english called: Andrés Pascual. Their novels are lovely and really good. I recomend 100% :)
Coco50Nitty
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: Desperation
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coco50nitty.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Coco50Nitty »

My favorite author for fantasy is J.K. Rowlings with her Harry Potter series... but one author I know will always keep me interested no matter what he's writing is Stephen King... He's a god at what he does, lol.
wnmu

Post by wnmu »

I've only read one of her books, but I really liked Leslie Marmon Silko's novel Ceremony. It really brought up striking images and is interesting because of the way she weaves the plot. She is native american and was raised with an oral tradition so this may have somehow impacted the way she tells stories.
BetzyCrypt
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betzycrypt.html

Post by BetzyCrypt »

:D I'm so happy to be here! This looks like an amazing website!
This question hits me terribly hard! I have read many authors, but the only one that has time and time again warped my mind is the amazing and glorious Poet and Book critic Edgar Allan Poe.
His disturbing stories are conjured from the deepest miseries of his delusional mind.
His madness proves it, genius comes with a price!
sparkleeyesap3

Post by sparkleeyesap3 »

My favorite author is karen kingsbury. I have read all her books and cant wait to read the next one.

Return to “Discuss Authors”