Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
dettenote
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by dettenote »

Nicholas Sparks, Erin Morgenstern, Mina V. Esguerra, John Green
Lenore Raven

Post by Lenore Raven »

I have several authors that I enjoy, but Monica McCarty is my favorite. For an historical romance novelist, she goes deep within and bring real historical characters to life and more than that, she uses real facts to develop her story. I'm in love with her Highland Guard series and one of the "things" that makes this one of my favorites is the way Monica builds the fictional with the reality.
Lenore Raven

Post by Lenore Raven »

I have several authors that I enjoy, but Monica McCarty is my favorite. For an historical romance novelist, she goes deep within and bring real historical characters to life and more than that, she uses real facts to develop her story. I'm in love with her Highland Guard series and one of the "things" that makes this one of my favorites is the way Monica builds the fictional with the reality.

-- 20 Jan 2014, 12:25 --

kaylahar6
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylahar6.html
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Post by kaylahar6 »

I don't have a favorite author. :?
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan
msinc1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msinc1.html

Post by msinc1 »

I read many different books with a variety of genres and authors, but my favorite author is Ellen Hopkins. A lot of her young teen books are relevant to everyday issues that young teenage girls or boys might be going through. Her story lines have a lot of imagination and a realistic taste to it, as well as, her unpredictable endings. The way she uses her poetry to develop her story just makes her books more addicting to read.
TL7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tl7.html

Post by TL7 »

It depends on my mood and the genre about which you're asking.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

ell_en wrote:Kate Atkinson, Life After Life and the Jackson Brodie series
Anything by Pat Barker
Tracy Chevalier - only Girl with a Pearl Earring, nothing else
Anything by Ian McEwan
Michael Lewis
Jhumpa Lahiri, the short stories
Hilary Mantel
Kazuo Ishiguro
Haruki Murakami
I agree with most of the above!

Oh, and HILARY MANTEL will be releasing a new book in September 2014. But it will not be the third and final volume of her amazing and award-winning Tudor saga based on the life of Thomas Cromwell. Instead Mantel will be offering readers a collection of contemporary short stories entitled "'The Assassination of Margaret Thatcher".

Interesting title, don't you think! Short stories are set to sizzle this year and Mantel will lead the way.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Sheldor00

Post by Sheldor00 »

Robert Muchamore
JBHROCKIN

Post by JBHROCKIN »

I love Tolkien too! He writes with so much figurative language that it really enabled me to enter his world of fantasy.
Loumc80

Post by Loumc80 »

Jodi Picoult because every one of her books makes you think about moral dilemmas that most people don't discuss and it looks at situations from all sides of the story. I have cried at many of her books and is the only author I think that I've read all their books
Moe4522
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moe4522.html
Latest Review: "The Sins of His Grandmother" by Jeremy Francis

Post by Moe4522 »

It's hard to say when there are so many great authors out there.

Some of my favourites include:
- Iris Johansen
- Minette Walters
- Sandra Brown
- C.S. Lewis
- Rebecca Forster
- Gregory Maguire
Latest Review: "The Sins of His Grandmother" by Jeremy Francis
SheldrakeWriter
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheldrakewriter.html
Latest Review: "A Newlywed's Adventures in Married Land" by Shweta Ganesh Kumar

Post by SheldrakeWriter »

Certainly P.G. Wodehouse. What that man couldn't do comically with language is not worth doing. He may have written the same book about eighty times, but I adore them all.
I particularly enjoy the figure of speech when an inanimate object reflects the feeling of the user. For example, Bertie Wooster often refers to smoking 'a nonchalant cigarette'. Magic!
Latest Review: "A Newlywed's Adventures in Married Land" by Shweta Ganesh Kumar
mckinnem

Post by mckinnem »

I love every author the styles are unique and they change with my moods on what I want to read horror steven king and dean r koontz are the man though but I'm liking the zombies and so world war z really good book written differently awesome so I think thats my fav for now but who knows depends on what i read caqn only be scared for a little till they start to sound alike or I read all the new ones then I change to mysteries or another genre but every author has something good or bad to offer and so I like the changes and just love to read everything.
scottchisem
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scottchisem.html

Post by scottchisem »

Ellen Hopkins, P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast, Suzanne Collins, Edgar Allan Poe, and just to name a few.
j_clanton

Post by j_clanton »

I have enjoyed Patricia Cornwell throughout the years.

Return to “Discuss Authors”