Philippa Gregory

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Salma Siddiqui
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-siddiqui.html

Re: Philippa Gregory

Post by Salma Siddiqui »

Philippa Gregory is the queen of Tudor-era historical fiction! I love all of her Tudor series books, especially The Other Boleyn Girl, The Virgin's Lover, and The Boleyn Inheritance. I read all of her work and was eager to read other authors' versions of the same stories but was disappointed. I specifically could not stand reading Carolly Erickson's depictions of Anne Boleyn, Katherine Howard, and Jane Seymour. She turned them into grotesque, insincere characters. I would advise other Tudor-era historical fiction lovers to stay away from Erickson's books.
RebekaV
Favorite Author: J K Rowling
Favorite Book: Jane Eyre
Currently Reading: Guardian of Deceit
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebekav.html
Latest Review: "Memories from the Front Line" by Henry Chew, Neil Jopson

Post by RebekaV »

I haven't read any of her books yet, but have always wanted to. Can someone please tell me which one is the best to start with?
"What's coming will come and we'll just have to meet it when it does." - J K Rowling
Latest Review: "Memories from the Front Line" by Henry Chew, Neil Jopson
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

I too like Philippa Gregory but I have to say the C J Samson series set in the time of Henry VIII has to be one of my all time favourites. Brilliant characterisation as told through the eyes of a middle class lawyer. If you like historical novels, this series is a real treat.

Return to “Discuss Authors”