R.L. Stine

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
amber200419
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber200419.html

Re: R.L. Stine

Post by amber200419 »

I used to read his books but not anymore I just moved on to bigger books.
Eleko14
Favorite Author: Tolkien
Favorite Book: Mary Stewarts Merlin Series
Currently Reading: The Alchemist of Souls
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eleko14.html
fav_author_id: 10389

Post by Eleko14 »

Loved RL Stine when I was a kid. Don't remember much of what I read specifically, just know that I totally enjoyed creaping myself out. So different from the way I am now.
npandit
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-npandit.html
Latest Review: "Travel Instincts" by James C. Jensen

Post by npandit »

I loved these books as a kid...are they still going strong? Last I checked there seemed to be a bunch of new ones. I remember an author came to speak at our elementary school and ruined the books for me though; someone in the audience asked her whether authors make a lot of money, and she said 'no, not really, unless you're like R.L. Stine, but...' and then she added, a little apologetically, '...but you could do that, those books follow a formula, and then you just keep making money writing the same thing again and again...but I don't like doing that, it doesn't feel right to me'. I never realized it up to that point--I thought all his books were so different. Then I realized she was kind of right. It was a very sad day. But I still love him.

My favorite was the one with time travel. I think it was called 'the cuckoo clock' or something.
Latest Review: "Travel Instincts" by James C. Jensen
zifranka
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zifranka.html

Post by zifranka »

Oh man, R.L. Stine. I got to reading him around the time I was in grade school while the rest of the kids read Nancy Drew or Teen Valley High. I just wasn't into the whole teenage books thing unless it had some creepy themes going on. Loved his adventure stuff.
Lishastokes83
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lishastokes83.html

Post by Lishastokes83 »

I use to read R.L Stine back in junior high and high school. I had Goosebump books and loved his Fear Street books. He was one of my favorite authors when I was younger
ealegner23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ealegner23.html

Post by ealegner23 »

My brothers and I used to love those books as kids. Have you guys read the adult choose your own adventure books? I can't remember the author. They're awesome too!
lykewake

Post by lykewake »

I use to love R L Stine when I was younger. I didn't own many of them (my mother thought that they were a waste of money) but I read the ones that I did own over and over.

The first one that I got was My Hairiest Adventure. The twist seems really cheesy now I think back over it, but at the time it seemed amazing.
subzerowon
Favorite Author: Tolkien_ Koontz_ect
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Black Arrow
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-subzerowon.html
Latest Review: "Gilded Feathers (book 1 in Gilded Feathers series)" by J. Woods

Post by subzerowon »

Goosebumps were my favorite books when I was little. I loved his Fear Street series even better!
Latest Review: "Gilded Feathers (book 1 in Gilded Feathers series)" by J. Woods
readerromance2003
Favorite Author: Christine Feehan
Favorite Book: Dark Magic
Currently Reading: Red
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerromance2003.html
fav_author_id: 2573

Post by readerromance2003 »

Going through the horror phase, I LOVED his fear street series! I could not stand the Goosebumps through.
Nimbus Wolfsbane
Favorite Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
Favorite Book: To Kill A Mocking Bird
Currently Reading: Fahrenheit 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimbus-wolfsbane.html
fav_author_id: 2456

Post by Nimbus Wolfsbane »

I remember Goosebumps from when I was in year 5!
With each page you turn another life you live...
randomcheerio
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randomcheerio.html

Post by randomcheerio »

rlstinefan wrote:R.L. Stine is great! :D I really love his books, Goosebumps, Mostly Ghostly, The Nightmare Room, - and I think the Fear Street are the best!

And ofcourse, the new Goosebumps Horrorland series! Did anyone read any of those already?
R.L. Stine is writing 6 more GH-books for next year, that brings it up to 25 books in the serie! :D

At the moment I'm collecting them all, and just today I received the complete set of original Goosebumps books from Ebay, part 1 - 62.
And two weeks ago I got the complete Goosebumps series 2000 (25 books.)

Yesterday I counted the amount of R.L. Stine books I have in my collection, and the number is :mrgreen: : 554!!! - The number is this high, because I also collect books in different languages. :wink:
Your username is very appropriate. :D

R.L. Stine was a part of my childhood as well and I loved his work.
chiliabowl1998
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiliabowl1998.html

Post by chiliabowl1998 »

His stories are amazing. No matter how old I am, I will always read his books.
PluviophileReader
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pluviophilereader.html
Latest Review: "Demiurge" by Michael Hagan

Post by PluviophileReader »

Loved his stuff as a child. I remember trying to mimic his stories when I wrote my own. I would even try and draw out a title pages that would look similar to one of the Goosebumps book covers.

I actually had the pleasure of meeting him at a Comic book and Entertainment Expo recently. He is a very nice and interesting man. Has the craziest eye brows though haha.
The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Demiurge" by Michael Hagan
gesler0811

Post by gesler0811 »

Man, I loved him! I used to really love babysitting my nephew because he had quite the Goosebumps collection and I would always be sure to read a couple of them when I was over there! I also owned some of his stuff... didn't he write "The Baby-sitter" and the "Baby-sitter II" and a whole lot more sequels to that series? Great stuff at that young age for someone who enjoys horror.

Never heard of Point Horror, and only read a few of the Fear Streets.

I too liked the TV show.

I think Night of the Dummy was my favorite.
autumnmarie
Favorite Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-autumnmarie.html
Latest Review: "December Rain" by A.L. Goulden
fav_author_id: 2471

Post by autumnmarie »

When I was younger I thought that R.L Stine was my uncle. It's weird I know but my grandma rented all the tapes and I had all the books as well. So I guess I just felt like I knew him or something.
"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book!" -Jane Austen Pride & Prejudice
Latest Review: "December Rain" by A.L. Goulden

Return to “Discuss Authors”