Any Mercedes Lackey fans out there?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Barqu
Bookshelf Size: 0

Any Mercedes Lackey fans out there?

Post by Barqu »

I love mercedes lackey. Personally i think To Take a Theif is my fav. book but i want to know what books are your favorits. So whats your fav Mercedes Lackey book? Also if you know any writes like her, tell me their name and one of their good books and i'll try to look it up!
NSUSA

Post by NSUSA »

I have not read anything by him. What does he write about? Which book of his do you recommend I read first?
Genevieve_ann

Post by Genevieve_ann »

I've read a couple Mercedes Lackey novels, but to me she is the Danielle Steel of fantasy. She's just written too many books to be interesting. Her plots and characters become predictable and flat after two or three books and they aren't that interesting to begin with. There are plenty of other authors out there who have more to offer. Try Neil Gaimon, Terry Goodkind, Kate Elliott, or Robin Hobb.
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

What's special about this author? As in the writing..
Feueriosa

Post by Feueriosa »

They are great, and I have never really gotten tired of them the way I do of formulamatic writers (think Clive Cussler!).

My favs are:
Magics Pawn, Promise, Price actually pretty much all the Valdemar books
The Obsidian Mountain Trilogy
The Elemental Masters books
Bedlam Bard books

Actually as I said I pretty much like them all. She has a way with words that make them easy and enjoyable to read and I like her worlds.
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I remember reading a book or two of hers when I was first introduced to fantasy but never read more. I preferred Melanie Rawn or Terry Brooks and a number of others.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
bluemel4
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

I really enjoy her Elemental Masters series. I love reading some of the more obscure fairy tales the books are based off of and then comparing the books to the original source material.

I also really enjoyed Gwenhwyfar: The white spirit.
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
shantyknight
Favorite Author: P. N. Elrod
Currently Reading: The Last American Vampire
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by shantyknight »

I have read some of her books. And I am divided. Some I absolutely loved, and some I couldn't bring myself to finish. That was awhile ago so not sure of titles however the ones she co-wrote with someone else I did not enjoy.

Return to “Discuss Authors”