Similar Authors/Series?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
MattsGraphs
Bookshelf Size: 0

Similar Authors/Series?

Post by MattsGraphs »

I like reading suspense/thriller/action books which are in a series. Some examples are Matt Reilly-Scarecrow series, Daniel silva -Gabriel Allon Series and Vince Flynn-Mitch Rapp series..wondering if anyone knows anything else similar I could check out?

Thanks for any suggestions!
hania5

Post by hania5 »

I have only started Girl with a dragon tattoo, but I would highly recommend this trilogy by Steig Larson
thsavage2
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thsavage2.html
Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday

Post by thsavage2 »

Ditto the above Stieg Larsson recommendation. I love Matthew Reilly! Seven Deadly Wonders is my favorite, and I think I've read pretty much all of his books. I really like James Rollins' thrillers, they are similar to Matt Reilly, but a bit less military and a bit more Indiana Jones. One of my favorites is Subterranean. Brad Thor is another good one, his books tend to focus on Marines-type characters and usually have something to do with the American government and/or conspiracies. I recommend The Athena Project, featuring four badass female characters.
Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday
salberson 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salberson-10.html

Post by salberson 10 »

Came across this forum - I'm sorry to say I've never heard of any of this books can you feel me in on what I'm missing??
suspense-wise -I love Thomas Harris Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, etc.
Anything Similar??
cbmatte07
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cbmatte07.html

Post by cbmatte07 »

If I had to compare authors in the horror/thriller category I would say Stephen King & Dean Koontz have similar styles. Its the same genre but if you like one I would bet you will like the other as well.

Return to “Discuss Authors”