Books by Marie Lu

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
atina_abd
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atina-abd.html

Books by Marie Lu

Post by atina_abd »

Hello guys, how are you?

Have you guys read anything from Marie Lu? I have read the Young Elite trilogy and to be honest, that series broke me. I've never felt such a conflict in me whether to love or hate the main character.

I've heard about her other trilogy and I wonder if it's as good as the Young Elites. If you guys have read that series, is it any good? And if you've read that series and the Young Elites series, how would you compare the level of heart breakage?

If you've never read the Young Elites series, it's a definite recommend but be warned, you might just let out a tear or two.

Hope to hear from you guys soon. :D
IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

I actually enjoyed her books, both Legend series and Young Elites. I loved Legend more, as the other one is a bit of a mess with characters but still enjoyable. I share your opinion about it, the heroine was a bit off and I have a feeling the plot had some holes. Give the other series a try, you might like it more.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
Jauthor97
Favorite Author: J R R Tolkien
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jauthor97.html
Latest Review: "And The Little Hills Rejoice" by Barry Bennett Blander
fav_author_id: 2578

Post by Jauthor97 »

I love her book Legend! Actually, that series is perfect! It has a bitter/sweet ending so you don't feel like dying at the end! (= Her writing amazes me!
Latest Review: "And The Little Hills Rejoice" by Barry Bennett Blander
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

I’ve read the Young Elites, Legend, and her Warcross duology. My favorite would have to be the Warcross duology! It has such an interesting storyline with a fun main character.
~Roxie~
catss
Currently Reading: Champion
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by catss »

I have read the first book of the Warcross duology, the first two books of the Legend series, and am reading the third. Yes, the Legend series is very good with so many plot twists.

Return to “Discuss Authors”