Which author started it all for you?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Texas_Jazz2016
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 7394">Into the Fire</a>
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-texas-jazz2016.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Re: Which author started it all for you?

Post by Texas_Jazz2016 »

Fourth grade. I struggled with reading and found it boring. My teacher, Mrs. Blaumburg (might be misspelled) began reading the Little House series. Each day we laid our heads on our desks while she read. That summer I asked my parents to drive me to the library where I checked out Little House in the Big Woods. I read the entire series that summer and every book in our house I could get my hands on. That began my love of reading. My one regret is that I never told my teacher how she had inspired to love reading.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one. George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Girl on fire
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Girl on fire »

Well I have always loved to read, as far back as first grade. But the author rick riodian,the Percy Jackson series in third grade really ignited my love for reading
nramomof2
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by nramomof2 »

Ray Bradbury. I started with the Martian Chronicles when I was in third grade. My father was a huge Sci Fi fan, so there were always good books in the house. As my tastes expanded, the public library supplied my needs.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Honestly I've been addicted to reading since I first learned to read. I started with the Bernstein bear books and have been going ever since.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
TRUpshur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trupshur.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by TRUpshur »

Reading was boring until my mother brought home a Dr. Seuss book from the library. I loved it! Green Eggs and Ham was fun and silly. The clincher was the fact that it read like The House That Jack Built. I loved Mother Goose and was very excited to know that there were whole books like that, not just short poems.
Amelia Bedelia was next in line. As a kid, I couldn't understand how she made it to adulthood. lol
Renee24
Currently Reading: The Heist
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee24.html

Post by Renee24 »

Who wrote the caterpillar book? Lol I was told that I was reading third grade books in kindergarten, so I can't remember exactly who my first was. I'm guess Dr. Seuss. lol
FearStreetZombie
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fearstreetzombie.html

Post by FearStreetZombie »

RL Stine started it for me. Ever since I was little I read his books. Then I stopped for the longest time and to be honest... it was the Twilight series that got me back into reading again.
RonakP
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronakp.html

Post by RonakP »

I loved J.K. Rowling. She got me started on the big chapter books as a kid. I also like the secrets of droon by Tony Abbott as a kid but those are for more of a young audience now.
AlaskasJade
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alaskasjade.html

Post by AlaskasJade »

J.K Rowling, Harry Potter started it all haha.
constantine265
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-constantine265.html
Latest Review: "(Ways to) Lucena" by Mois Benarroch

Post by constantine265 »

Tolkien (The Hobit) when I was six.
Latest Review: "(Ways to) Lucena" by Mois Benarroch
Ariane Shayne

Post by Ariane Shayne »

It was jack and the beanstalk that started my book reading.. i was 5 years old then.. i was in grade 5 when i wanted to be a writer. But as the i got older and life seems to be harder ive forgotten that dream
Ariane Shayne

Post by Ariane Shayne »

Benjamin tabart i meant

-- 06 Mar 2017, 00:49 --

It was jack and the beanstalk.. when i was five years old.. i knew, that i love reading books
Tommie H Odom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1960">Sade Evans</a>
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommie-h-odom.html

Post by Tommie H Odom »

I believe that the author who opened my eyes was Margaret Walker Alexander from Jackson State University. This writer made me want to research and study more. The contents of the book Jubilee made me want to read more and more. I was in the ninth grade in school. I had read much before that. However this book made me hungry for learning more about life and circumstances.
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

Wendy Mass and Judy Blume when I was in the 5th grade. That's when I realized that I loved to read. I've been a bookworm ever since and I do not regret it one bit!
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
hazelk

Post by hazelk »

John Steinbeck

Return to “Discuss Authors”