What Author Would You Want to Co-Write a Book With?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
gorgeousmay1417
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gorgeousmay1417.html

What Author Would You Want to Co-Write a Book With?

Post by gorgeousmay1417 »

If you could co write with any author of your choice, who would you choose? Why would this be your choice and what type of story would you want to write?
I would want to write with Kristin Cast, she wrote one of my favorite series with her mother P.C. Cast: House of Night. We have similar writing styles and my most enjoyed type of book is fantasy. As said the type of book I would want to write would be a fantasy-fiction.
clairesthilaire
Currently Reading: Bloods
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clairesthilaire.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 10

Post by clairesthilaire »

Tim O'Brien. In truth, I wouldn't feel nearly talented enough to co-author with him, but to have him as a mentor would be an amazing experience. He is one of my favorite modern writers and has made an incredible contribution to military literature.
Lady Countryrose
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-countryrose.html

Post by Lady Countryrose »

JK Rowling, I love fantasy. I just want to see how her brain works and how she came up intresting things.
waluhyo
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by waluhyo »

Habiburahman El Shirazy
Bookaholic_Anonymous
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookaholic-anonymous.html

Post by Bookaholic_Anonymous »

I love romance novels so it would have to be either Alexa Riley, Shelly Crane (YA paranormal romance), or Aurora Rose Reynolds!
Blythe
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blythe.html

Post by Blythe »

A mystery writer like Agatha Christie. I have always thought that mystery authors are gods. Seriously, have you ever tried writing mystery? Leaving those little clues strewn about while still building to a climax is nothing short of genius.
lane_vespertine
Currently Reading: Ilium
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lane-vespertine.html
Latest Review: "Hell Holes 2" by Donald Firesmith

Post by lane_vespertine »

Assuming that you mean living author...
It would have to be Neil Gaimon.
I like his books a lot, although I wouldn't say he is my favorite author. Mostly, I just feel like his grasp on dialogue is as close to perfect as you can get.
His characters should be completely unrelatable, as they are frequently ghosts, gods, or other magical creatures. But every time, I find myself connected and engaged.
Also, he seems like a lot of fun.
Latest Review: "Hell Holes 2" by Donald Firesmith
StephThyng
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephthyng.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by StephThyng »

Blythe wrote:A mystery writer like Agatha Christie. I have always thought that mystery authors are gods. Seriously, have you ever tried writing mystery? Leaving those little clues strewn about while still building to a climax is nothing short of genius.
Ohhh this would be fun! Mary Higgins Clark would be a good author to co-write a mystery/suspense novel too. I also think co-writing with Jodi Picoult would be a dream come true. I feel like the person would learn so much from her not only about the topic they were writing about but just general knowledge.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
kileiah
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kileiah.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by kileiah »

This is a fascinating question! I've come across a few authors who have basically written books that I wish I'd written - I'm thinking of Night Train to Lisbon by Pascal Mercier, but I'm not sure if that is the same as wanting to write a book with them. I think my co-writer should have similar interests, but perhaps different strengths in their writing so that we'd complement each other.

While no longer living, I'd love to have written something with Ellen Raskin. Her representation of people and their minute differences and relationships in The Westing Game is something I wish to have in my own writing, but find truly hard to accomplish.
Jasmine M Wardiya
Currently Reading: Darkglass Mountain #2 - The Twisted Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmine-m-wardiya.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jasmine M Wardiya »

Ooh, interesting question. when I was younger, it was Emily Rodda but with her latest series, I think I'm growing out of her writing style (though I still love the stories.) If we're allowed dead authors too, I'd say probably Tolkien: the amount of detail he put into his work is inspiring - but I don't think anyone in the modern age can get away with that level of detail in their description, so the alternative is to trim down on descriptions while keeping the images. I'm getting less comments on it nowadays, so it looks to be working to some extent...
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
DiverseSpirit
Currently Reading: Last Train to Istanbul
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diversespirit.html

Post by DiverseSpirit »

Tim Burton.

Yes, the movie director. Johnny Depp even admits that his stuff is creepy, yet it is all interesting. I would co-write with Tim Burton because I love his work. I never told anyone this! I did not realize that most of the movies I watched over time were directed by Tim Burton. He has a very creative mind, which makes him an artistically vivid story-teller.

When I was in Gothic Literature class in college, I was reminded of Tim Burton as a writer and artist. Most people typically perceive him as a director of movies, but I adjusted my perspective to see him as an awesome author. We could co-write about anything creepy. Whether it be funny or devastating, I think it would be a challenging task to co-write with Tim Burton.
Ashley 1820
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-1820.html

Post by Ashley 1820 »

I am gonna go with Dan Brown.I just love his books.And if I ever get a chance, I'm surely selecting him(that would be a dream come true).
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I would have to say either Diana Gabaldon or Lynn Austin my two favorite authors right now. Both write very good details. I like both of their imaginations.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

I would choose Barbara Erskine or Susanah Kearsley. I love their writing and they both write time travel!
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

Oh this question! I can already imagine how amazing it'll be if I co-author with John Grisham. I relate with his characters so much that I wonder if he has me in mind when he's writing. It'll be so much fun to tell a story with him!

Return to “Discuss Authors”