What authors are you addicted to?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Shesjada
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What authors are you addicted to?

Post by Shesjada »

I am absolutely addicted to Agatha Christie and Enid Blyton. I grew up reading all their books whenever I could find time, and the love affair has never stopped
Ashley 1820
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-1820.html

Post by Ashley 1820 »

I am kind of addicted to Dan Brown. I just love thrillers.And for me,Dan works just best.His Angels and demons made me a fan! Love his work.
HappyBanjoGirl

Post by HappyBanjoGirl »

Currently, I am addicted to the talented Western writer Louis L'amour. I enjoy his strong character portrayal of women and his exciting adventures. I particularly enjoy his occasional western-sci-fi novel. He is a strong writer with an ability to engage the reader.
Polecat1
Currently Reading: The bone tree
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Polecat1 »

David Baldacci, Lee Child, Greg Iles, Michael Connelly, Scott Turow, and John Gresham all write consistently and well. Their stories hold one's attention, the action is reasonably believable, and there are few cheap/quick resolutions to the plot lines. None of their books have that ''well, I'll just phone this one in to fulfill the contract'' feeling that can sometime happen with continuing main characters (are you listening, Patricia Cornwell?)
poetrythanki
Currently Reading: A Court of Mist and Fury
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poetrythanki.html
Latest Review: "Anchor of Hope" by Kiah Stephens

Post by poetrythanki »

Jennifer L. Armentrout : I just love her. She's my guilty pleasure.
Latest Review: "Anchor of Hope" by Kiah Stephens
Ripley3131
Favorite Author: S.E. Sasaki
Currently Reading: reunion in death
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ripley3131.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
fav_author_id: 21099

Post by Ripley3131 »

Addicted is the correct word to describe it. I'd have to say Jo Clayton, Stephen King, Patricia Cornwell, J.D. Robb, Dean Koontz, Jonathan Kellerman, Alan Dean Foster, and C.S.Lewis. I'm sure more will come to mind, but those are the ones that are swimming around on top of my sub-consciousness at the time.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
GkruseV
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkrusev.html

Post by GkruseV »

I would have to suggest Sarah J. Maas :D

Her books are amazing. The world she creates within them, and the characters she describes are to swoon over. I can't get enough of her books and constantly want more more MORE!
Circling Turtle
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Favorite Book: Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake
Currently Reading: Listening to Distant Thunder: The Art of Peter Clarke
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-circling-turtle.html
Latest Review: "Van Gogh in Peppers" by Christopher Scott Downing
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by Circling Turtle »

Shesjada wrote:I am absolutely addicted to Agatha Christie and Enid Blyton. I grew up reading all their books whenever I could find time, and the love affair has never stopped
I LOVE Agatha Christie! Definitely one of my favourite authors, and her books are so delightfully devourable... I always manage to pick up deals on them at secondhand book shops and charity stores, so I have a whole shelf full :) I reread them even when I know who the murderer is - lol, comfort reading :D

Terry Pratchett is another writer whose work I collect; although I don't have all of his books I reread his entire oeuvre once every year or two.

I'll admit that I don't usually buy books new, so most of the hundreds of books I own are second hand, whether collected via friends or by trawling through the treasure trove that is a secondhand bookshop.
Latest Review: "Van Gogh in Peppers" by Christopher Scott Downing
jessejaiden94
Currently Reading: shiva and dionysus
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessejaiden94.html

Post by jessejaiden94 »

Joseph Campbell.
Everything I have read by him is so incredibly knowledgeable and full of wisdom.
Joseph has sparked something in me that I will carry for the rest of my life.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

I must admit to being addicted to erotic fiction and romance authors. I particularly enjoy Karen Marie Moning, J.R. Ward, Lora Leigh, Lorelei James, Emma Holly, Eve Silver and more traditional romance authors like Nora Roberts, Robyn Carr, Linda Lael Miller, and Christina Dodd. I will read most titles or authors of this genre, even if I have never heard of them, as long as the book is about 250-500 pages. I prefer a longer story but have enjoyed reading some short stories recently that combined to form a longer book. I do read fantasy and suspense thrillers as well.
bellarosa
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellarosa.html

Post by bellarosa »

Hands down, JK Rowling and Steven King. Although, I'm more a fan of his horror work than his recent baseball stuff, but if it's what makes him happy, I guess.
Anderdad
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anderdad.html

Post by Anderdad »

In order of the top three:
JRR Tolkien. I greatly enjoy reading a story by an author that can paint a picture with words so clear that you can see it in your mind. If you have only seen the movies and have not read any of the books, you have not know JRR Tolkien works.
Brandon Sanderson. Opening up a book and being taken to other world's is always exciting. Stories that you get caught up in and want to keep reading areviews always on my top books list.
Robert Jordan. Though I do not agree with some who would say that Jordan writes of the same world's as Tolkien, I do find myself ending his works often. When you can re-read a book more than twice and still find yourself drawn into it is, in my mind, a good author and a good story.
Jessika1331
Currently Reading: Blood Vow
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Jessika1331 »

I am addicted to J. R. Ward. I live the twists, romance and emotional depth she puts into the books.
Nren

Post by Nren »

Jennifer L. Armentrout and Cassandra Claire have always consistently written the sort of books I cannot help but devour in one sitting. I will forever read (and reread) anything and everything they write. If these authors appeal to you, you'll also love Leigh Bardugo and Sabaa Tahir. They're amazing. They also write YA books with paranormal elements, characters you'll love more than people, and with so much adventure you'll never want to leave their fictional worlds.
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

There is only one author right now that I would consider myself addicted to....Anne Elizabeth Stengl. Her fantasy world and writing style are amazing! She's not well known though. Other authors I love are Terry Pratchett, Brandon Sanderson, CS Lewis.
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Return to “Discuss Authors”