Norah Roberts

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
morebooks4me
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by morebooks4me »

I just started reading Birthright.
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

My local and college libraries are stocked with her books. Which one should I start with?
YankeesJTJ

Post by YankeesJTJ »

I've always been partial to the "In Death" series she writes under the name J.D. Robb
Cath

Post by Cath »

I have read the first 2 books of The Donovan Legacy by Nora Roberts, Captivated and Entranced. They are very good, romance with a bit of mystery to them, i still need to read the last 2, has anybody else read this series?
samanthaeh76
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthaeh76.html
Latest Review: "The Colonies" by Paul Benoit

Post by samanthaeh76 »

Nora is one of my favorite authors of all time. I have read almost every book she has written, both under Nora Roberts and as J. D. Robb. I really love reading and hate it when I run out of books written by a good author. I don't have to worry about that with NR! She publishes so frequently, I love it! I have been reading her novels since the 80s.

To start reading Nora, I would go back to the beginning with Irish Thoroughbred (I think, it's been a long time). Her writing improves over time, so if you read her more recent works first, then go back, you may be disappointed. Yes, after a bazillion books, some of the situations are familiar, but the characters are always so vivid and distinct.

My favorite series are the Chesapeake Bay books, the Dream Trilogy, and the In Death series. Some of my favorite stand-alones are Carolina Moon, The Witness, and The Search.
FlorenceDupuis
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florencedupuis.html

Post by FlorenceDupuis »

I am lost, is she a crime author, or a romance kind of harlequin style author?
samanthaeh76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthaeh76.html

Post by samanthaeh76 »

FlorenceDupuis wrote:I am lost, is she a crime author, or a romance kind of harlequin style author?
She does both. Under her own name, Nora Roberts, she wrote Harlequin-type serial romances at the beginning of her career. Since then she has branched out and written full-length romance novels. Some have supernatural and paranormal twists. Back in the 90's, she started a serious of futuristic crime thrillers under the pen name JD Robb so as not to alienate her established romance fans.
Emarymaria
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emarymaria.html

Post by Emarymaria »

nasrun2211 wrote:Nora Roberts is the preeminent queen of the family sagas. Nobody does it better
I agree I'm 23(in March) and she's like my favorite author. I have read, Chesapeake Bay Saga, Irish Born Trilogy, Bride Quarted. I love them all and I can't even choose which one I love the most.
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I have been reading her books for a couple of decades and love her work especially here series. The Irish series someone referred to is Born In....I really enjoyed her Bride Quartet, the Garden trilogy and the Chesapeake Bay series. Worth looking into.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
jvanderveen
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvanderveen.html

Post by jvanderveen »

All of her books are good. I am trying to collect them all (as well as all of the JD Robb books) but there are a lot!

I really like: High Noon, The Witness (re-reading that one for probably the 10th time now), the Inn Boonsboro Trilogy, the In The Garden Trilogy, the Bride Quartet . . .

Her (JD Robb) In Death series is wonderful. I would love to see some of the things mentioned in the future actually occurring and being created.
sybil1reader
Favorite Author: All crime authors
Favorite Book: Too Many to name
Currently Reading: CJ Lyons
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sybil1reader.html
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin

Post by sybil1reader »

I love her "In Death" series. Eve Dallas is a detective in a futuristic setting where cars drive in the sky and autochefs pop your meals out for you. There are always interesting and somtimes sadistic murders and there is also romance to look forward to. If you like police procedurals try this series.
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin
lera_elizabeth
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lera-elizabeth.html

Post by lera_elizabeth »

I love Nora Roberts! The first book I read written by her was Blue Smoke and I was completely hooked! Ever since then I've been reading all her series books and her individual books.
wendyj
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendyj.html
Latest Review: "The Smile Ambassadors" by Jeffrey Reid

Post by wendyj »

I like Norah Roberts but have never much cared for her JD Robb books.
Latest Review: "The Smile Ambassadors" by Jeffrey Reid
readerromance2003
Favorite Author: Christine Feehan
Favorite Book: Dark Magic
Currently Reading: Red
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerromance2003.html
fav_author_id: 2573

Post by readerromance2003 »

Nora Roberts is one of the first romance authors I began to read 10 years ago. Her books are always great, her characters easy to fall in love with and her written makes you want to be in the scene that is being told. I have found that she is one of the best authors in writing within any theme and still making her readers want to come along for the ride.
shayna
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shayna.html
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman

Post by shayna »

My mom has read every single one of her books, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to her just yet. Recommendations?
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman

Return to “Discuss Authors”