Morgan Llywelyn

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
admccoy22204
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-admccoy22204.html

Morgan Llywelyn

Post by admccoy22204 »

What do people think about Morgan Llywelyn's books? I have read a number of her historical fiction/Irish myth titles and found them to be pretty interesting and engaging. The only real complain I had came with my reading of Finn Mac Cool, where it seemed like a number of the deeds of the Fianna and Finn himself were given very abbreviated descriptions so that more could be allotted towards Finn's sexual hangups and Dermot and Grainne's love story.

However, I recent read Etruscans and was very disappointed. It seemed like there was good potential in the story, but the it felt more like the authors were trying to fulfill a check list rather than writing an engaging story. Maybe this is because of co-author Michael Scott or maybe it was the subject matter. I'm not sure, but it certainly makes me a bit wary to venture in Llywelyn books that don't deal specifically with the Celts.

Return to “Discuss Authors”