Which author do you constantly recommend?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
firecat88
Currently Reading: Trapped
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Re: Which author do you constantly recommend?

Post by firecat88 »

It depends on the age of the person I'm recommending to and what sort of things I know they might be into. Jim Butcher and Tamora Pierce are almost always on the list, though
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

If I need to suggest a romance book, Kristen Ashley. Always Kristen Ashley!
Rebecca675
Currently Reading: Spirit of Horses
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca675.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Rebecca675 »

Kristin Hannah!!!
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

Mitch Albom, Judy Blume, and Roal Dahl.
Pinkrose353
Currently Reading: Of Faith and Freedom
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinkrose353.html
Latest Review: "The Covert Messiah" by J R Lankford
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Pinkrose353 »

Currently my two favorite authors are Lynn Austin and Kristen Heitzmann. Lynn Austin's three-book historical fiction series called Refiner's Fire which takes place during the Civil War, shows the heartbreaking plight of the slaves like I have never read anywhere else before.

Kristen Heitzmann's three-book series of The Michelli Family is another series I go back to to re-read from time to time. It takes the author three books before Lance Michelli finally gets the tough carpenter girl Rese to marry him. :D
Latest Review: "The Covert Messiah" by J R Lankford
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

Pinkrose353 wrote:Currently my two favorite authors are Lynn Austin and Kristen Heitzmann. Lynn Austin's three-book historical fiction series called Refiner's Fire which takes place during the Civil War, shows the heartbreaking plight of the slaves like I have never read anywhere else before.

Kristen Heitzmann's three-book series of The Michelli Family is another series I go back to to re-read from time to time. It takes the author three books before Lance Michelli finally gets the tough carpenter girl Rese to marry him. :D
Three entire books :shock2: I wouldn't be patient enough to read that!!! :lol:
AK413
Currently Reading: Circling the Sun
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ak413.html

Post by AK413 »

Khaled Hosseini. Well written, and great character development. He is great with capturing and displaying all aspects of humanity and social connections in all types of people.
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

AK413 wrote:Khaled Hosseini. Well written, and great character development. He is great with capturing and displaying all aspects of humanity and social connections in all types of people.
I loved the "kite runner" by him. That was such a good book!! which is your favorite?
Doodle98
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doodle98.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Doodle98 »

The author that I am always recommending to people is Kenneth Oppel. Though he is a writing of mostly young fiction (ages 9-12), he is able to create Gothic atmosphere flawlessly, reminding me of novels such as "Dracula" and "Fall of the House of Usher" while still having modern language and concepts.
Lauren M
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-m.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts

Post by Lauren M »

It depends on what the person is in the mood to read. Something light and funny - Sophie Kinsella. YA - The selection series. Other than that my recommendations are limited.
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts
-denisesmith-
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denisesmith.html
Reading Device: B00S8PFVGM

Post by -denisesmith- »

Mine is P.C. Cast and her daughter Kristin Cast plus Cassandra Clare and S.M. Reine. P.C. and Kristin had written a book called House of Night that was the first serious I got in to then Cassandra Clare's book series The Mortal Instrument and The Infernal Devices. An then S.M. Reine.
S.M. had created a lot more books to go with Seasons of the Moons one of them was called The Cain Chronicles.
bizoleth
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bizoleth.html

Post by bizoleth »

I was raised on C. S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia and raised my kids on them. I listen to them as well and family members quote lines QUITE often! Even at 50+ I'm still seeing new things and, as I see it, "The Last Battle" has prophetic insight. I'm not as nuts on Lewis' sci-fi trilogy, but if I had to choose a favorite in that set, it would be "That Hideous Strength," again, for it's prophetic flavor, but also because it takes place on earth and more in my realm. ;D
OtomePrincess17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otomeprincess17.html

Post by OtomePrincess17 »

I have a list, and it's getting longer with each new book or even ebook I pick up and read. First and foremost always Cassandra Clare.
Ashley 1820
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-1820.html

Post by Ashley 1820 »

you can try Dan Brown. As a fan of thrillers, I love his books!
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Rick Riordan. His books never dissapoint me.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.

Return to “Discuss Authors”