Author Most Like You?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
readertim109
Bookshelf Size: 0

Author Most Like You?

Post by readertim109 »

Which author do you think is most like yourself? Which do you think shares your writing/thinking style most?
"Show me the books he loves and I shall know the man far better than through mortal friends."
~ Dawn Adams ~
Anna

Post by Anna »

This might sound a bit funny but for me it's Anne Frank. I found that I have quite a few similar personality traits.
________
Cheap crosman biodegradable airsoft 0 20g white
Last edited by Anna on 17 Mar 2011, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Weave

Post by Weave »

What a great question and I honestly can't answer it, I will think about it x
Niphredil

Post by Niphredil »

I honestly hope J M Barrie. Though I do think that is just hope.
LoveHatesYou

Post by LoveHatesYou »

I'd love to say someone wonderful-

I honestly have no idea.

Maybe Emily Dickenson? We share a name... Hope is the thing with feathers.
"I am a slave to the wonders of the imagination and the cage of creativity." -E. Maggard
mhocking14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhocking14.html

Post by mhocking14 »

I'd probably say Ned Vizzini, just because when I was reading his books I found that a lot of the things he said were incredibly relatable and thoughts his characters had were thoughts I've had. This happened especially in the books written from his own experience.
Jolie
Favorite Author: Margaret Atwood
Favorite Book: All of them
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jolie.html
fav_author_id: 3668

Post by Jolie »

Margaret Atwood or Sandra Cisneros my two favorite female authors c:
"War is what happens when language fails" ~Margaret Atwood
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I don't know if she shares my writing style because I don't really write, but I think Debbie Macomber is most like me because we are both into crafts (knitting for her & cross stitch for me) which is relaxing for us. I am always drawn to her books and a couple of them seemed to be parallel to my life in some ways so I think at the soul level we must be connected.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Fran Lebowitz for her warped sense of humour.." There is no such thing as inner peace , there's only nervousness and death "
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
SidnayC
Favorite Book: I am yet to read a book worthy
Currently Reading: Inescapable by Amy Bartol
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sidnayc.html
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp

Post by SidnayC »

I think an author is most like me when I become jealous of their writing style, they use sentence constructions, scenes and character dialogue that I would have used. Definitely Jennifer L. Armentrout and K.A. Linde are most like me when it comes to this.
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you - Maya Angelou
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp
NateHyphen

Post by NateHyphen »

William F. Buckley/Jack Kerouac. Go figure. Buckley for his vocabulary and rapier like
wit. Kerouac because he lived his life without an inhibiting moral or social structure.
When he felt compelled to do something he did it. I went to Morocco after reading about it in one of Kerouac's novels. My girlfriend and I sold everything we owned(a toaster
and a towel with a cat on it) and arrived in Tan Tan two months later. Whereas Kerouac
was greeted by well-healed writers, like Burroughs and Bowles, we were besieged
by the Bedoiuan. Who regarded us as blue-eyed infidels and did everything they could
to make us feel unwelcome. It worked. After six months of non-stop hostility, we packed it in and spent the next 4 months luxuriating in the sunny disposition of
Andalucia. My contempt for arabs and islam is not without merit. It comes from
confrontations obviated by such innocuous differences as my girlfriend's decision
to speak to me before I spoke to her. Or her decision, when it was offered, to ride in
one of the passenger seats of a truck. Instead of in the back with the goats and goat sh*t, which the arab females were obligated to do. They were all avoidable. But the
rag heads insisted on doing battle. I kicked some ass. if I'd had a gun, they would have paid for their impertinence with their lives. That's the difference. They have nothing to defend. Not honor, territory, culture, or faith. They had nothing I wanted. And I had
everything they hated. My freedoms. Death to islam.
Lisa Roberts

Post by Lisa Roberts »

Someone a bit warped probably :) I can't think of anyone offhand.
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

Well, I share a name with J. K. Rowling, and I'm sure she's influenced my writing quite a bit. I'd love to be like Lloyd Alexander, because he could somehow bring so much life into archetypal characters, and because he writes the sorts of stories I'd love to write. Really, I think my writing's something of a mix between all my various influences, and I'd like to think that Neil Gaiman is somewhere in there as well, especially in the way he regards the power of stories.
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Return to “Discuss Authors”