Ellen Hopkins

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
GirlOnFire
Bookshelf Size: 0

Ellen Hopkins

Post by GirlOnFire »

Ellen Hopkins book's are absolutely some of my favourite reads of all time.
Her poetry writing style is unique and I think it's brilliant, it's a way to bring imagery to her stories in way's that not many authors do.
The books themselves are realistic, they portray real problems that happen in society and she creates and develops the characters enough that we get attached to them, we follow their story and we have emotions and feelings.
Impulse was my favourite.

Thoughts on her books, writing or characters?
slmeeks
Currently Reading: The Happiness Project
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slmeeks.html
Latest Review: "Drizzling Dreams" by Mansi Tejpal

Post by slmeeks »

It has been a while since Ellen Hopkins made her big debut in writing, but I still have to reread her books once in a while. Every story is so haunting! There are some parts that are so unnerving I ask myself why I am still reading it, but I just cannot stop!
Latest Review: "Drizzling Dreams" by Mansi Tejpal
jrjksn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jrjksn.html

Post by jrjksn »

I love Ellen Hopkins! She has such a unique writing type and her books hook you instantly! It's been awhile since I have read the books I own by her, but I think it's about time I do so.
Rachel McClellan

Post by Rachel McClellan »

I wasn't sure I would like her style of writing, but I found it so engaging! She really knows how to make words come alive!
daftkris
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daftkris.html

Post by daftkris »

I love Ellen Hopkins! She's so down to Earth and her style makes her books such a quick, yet impactful, read.

Return to “Discuss Authors”