If you could bring back an author from the dead

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Kookalin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: If you could bring back an author from the dead

Post by Kookalin »

Edgar alan poe because his life was not one of the best, and in the end he didn't ever realize just how many people would end up loving his poetry and style of writing later on. :D

-- 06 Jan 2015, 17:40 --
MarieMc
Currently Reading: Host
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariemc.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MarieMc »

I think I would like to have Margaret Mitchell brought back. She did a fantastic job on Gone With the Wind. I would have loved to see what HER version of the sequel would have been. Some how I think it would have been a little more spectacular than the one we got. Not that the sequel 'Scarlett' was bad, I just didn't enjoy it as much. I suspect that Margaret Mitchell would have written a bit of a different outcome for Scarlett O'Hara. I'd love to ask her at the very least!
Today is a good day
to have GOOD day!!
Rebel Angel
Favorite Author: Kay Hooper
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebel-angel.html
fav_author_id: 3327

Post by Rebel Angel »

V.C. Andrews for sure, Im would be curious to see what she thinks for the books that where based off her writings. If she would approve or not.
hazelk

Post by hazelk »

Thomas Savage.
Miss_Jane2014
Currently Reading: Better Off Dead by H.P Mallory
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-jane2014.html

Post by Miss_Jane2014 »

White Dove wrote:would bring back Mark Twain. I would invite him to my house and ask him to sit on the porch with me and tell stories.

-- 27 Aug 2014, 14:25 --

I
He would be my choice as well. I love his wit and sarcasm. I have to wonder what he would say about the world as it is today. :)
laceys111

Post by laceys111 »

Definitely Kurt Vonnegut and Michael Crichton
buchanan101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buchanan101.html

Post by buchanan101 »

SidKayy_18 wrote:Dr. Seuss. No doubt.
Second.
Brilliant. I'd love to meet him in addition to bringing him back :)
Kaitlin Lake
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Favorite Book: The Vampire Academy Series
Currently Reading: The City Of Heavenly Fire
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-lake.html
fav_author_id: 782

Post by Kaitlin Lake »

If I could bring back anyone I would bring back Jane Austin because I love her books and the way she wrote them. My favorite Set book would be Pride and Prejudice. My favorite couple in the whole book is Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. Their love story is so sweet that is the type of book that all the romantic people melt over because I know I did , I melted like a popsicles. :D
debbiebee
Favorite Book: The Secret History
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by debbiebee »

Maeve Binchy, because I want to read more of her books and she was evidently a lovely person.
shackettb
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shackettb.html

Post by shackettb »

Margaret Mitchell. And I would ask, beg, even steal for her to get her to tell me why she didn't want to write a sequel to "Gone With The Wind," the life-changing novel that took me from from childhood fiction to adult fiction and completly changed my life between 13 and 14 years of age.
clairesamuels

Post by clairesamuels »

Breece D'J Pancake, hands down. He is one of the best appalachian writers I've encountered and died in his early twenties having only published a few short stories which culminated in one collection published posthumously. Totally mysterious life, too.
muggle

Post by muggle »

Wow, this is a loaded topic. it would be very difficult to only pick one author to bring back as there are so many great ones. btw, I only seen John Steinbeck mentioned one time, on page 6, and have not seen Ernest Hemingway mentioned at all. The Old Man and the Sea was a great book by Hemingway......and Steinbeck is probably my favorite author of all time, except for maybe a dozen others. :)

Also, J.R.R. Tolkien books were fascinating reading. :).
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Kookalin wrote:Edgar alan poe because his life was not one of the best, and in the end he didn't ever realize just how many people would end up loving his poetry and style of writing later on. :D

-- 06 Jan 2015, 17:40 --
I totally agree! It's a shame that his genius was never recognized in life, and it's likely that his lack of success contributed to his depression and addictions. It would have done him tremendous good to know that his work was simply ahead of it's time, and would come to be appreciated the world over!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Gustavsson
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gustavsson.html

Post by Gustavsson »

I'd like to bring G. K. Chesterton back from the dead. I wonder what his opinion on modern times would be-his writings about his own time period are so critical and yet so funny, so I have to wonder whether he would be disappointed in modern times (he was very conservative) or still find cause in them for wonder.
mmccartylhs14
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmccartylhs14.html

Post by mmccartylhs14 »

If I could bring back an author from the dead it would have to be HP Lovecraft. His use of the written word to invoke startling images of terror, (I think), are like no other. At the Mountains of Madness is the perfect vehicle for what lies just over the mental horizon and that may or may not exist.

Return to “Discuss Authors”