Stephenie Meyer - Twilight

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Yellowfaeries81
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yellowfaeries81.html

Re: Stephenie Meyer - Twilight

Post by Yellowfaeries81 »

Twilight is one of my faves:), its written so well with such vivid detail!
It was a shame some of that detail was left out of the movies but I've always said, books are better!
Inishowen_Cailin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inishowen-cailin.html

Post by Inishowen_Cailin »

I loved Twilight and then read the entire series. I couldn't finish the Vampire Diaries....I may have managed to get through the first in the series and started the second but that was as far as I got. I hate not finishing a book once I've started it.
shayna
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shayna.html
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman

Post by shayna »

It only took 6 months because it really isn't a literary masterpiece.
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman
debbie smith
Currently Reading: Shadowhorn: Age of the Revenant
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbie-smith.html
Latest Review: "Flaherty's Crossing" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by debbie smith »

Agreed. Meyer is a very good writer. I don't normally like vampire books or shows but my children and their friends were reading it and loving it (they are not all 'readers') so, as a previous librarian, I was curious (and a little protective) about the books. After picking up my daughter's copy and beginning I could not put it down and literally ran through the whole series. Then I had to go back and read it slower so I could make sure I had not missed anything. Stephanie Meyer is the second author I have been introduced to this way (JKR was the first) She was a wonderful surprise.
anomalocaris
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anomalocaris.html
Latest Review: "Kaitlyn a Wants To See Ducks" by Jo meserve Mach and Vera Lynne Stroup- Rentier

Post by anomalocaris »

Am I the only one who finds it creepy that a 500 year old guy wants to sleep with underage girls?
You can't put a rope around the neck of an idea.
--Vol. Bobby Sands
Latest Review: "Kaitlyn a Wants To See Ducks" by Jo meserve Mach and Vera Lynne Stroup- Rentier
debbie smith

Post by debbie smith »

But he is not 500 years old, he is stuck at 17 so in that perspective she is a cougar by the end of the books. With Jacob too, who is younger than her all the way through.
anomalocaris
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anomalocaris.html

Post by anomalocaris »

Hmm... but even if he still looks 17, he's still had all those years of life experience. We don't grow up because we look older, but because we experience life, and learn from it. Ah well. it's fantasy, after all. That just always creeped me out. :lol:
You can't put a rope around the neck of an idea.
--Vol. Bobby Sands
debbie smith

Post by debbie smith »

True, but time is measured different when there is no 'death' than it is when that is part of life. Kind of like a 'time warp'. Agreed, experience makes a difference. So, for the sake of discussion, a child who experiences 'adult' environments at an early age would be older than an adult who has been protected and shielded throughout their life. Naïve vs. street smart. Hmmm... that could turn into a very interesting story and still be similar enough to reality to be relatable for readers....A world where age is equated with experience instead of years...I like that premise.
chiliabowl1998
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiliabowl1998.html

Post by chiliabowl1998 »

I hate to say it, but I think she was only popular because of it was the course of Vampires and Werewolves. Before that it was wizards, and now it's zombies. We go through phases and Meyer just hit it at the right time.
randomcheerio
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randomcheerio.html

Post by randomcheerio »

I read the books and am not a fan. However, I can see why they were popular. She really nailed yearning and fatalistic love.
Sarah1
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah1.html
Latest Review: "The Paranormal Gazette" by Anthony Bartholomew

Post by Sarah1 »

I love Twilight. I can understand how it would be hard to really work at it and then have someone just, poof, have everything happen so easy.
"You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child." Dr. Seuss
Latest Review: "The Paranormal Gazette" by Anthony Bartholomew
mina1015
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mina1015.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mina1015 »

NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. It is the month of November. The goal of it is to write a 50k novel in ONE month. After writing a novel in one month it isn't that hard to edit and submit to get published and wait for acceptance in the course of six months. Some people just get lucky when their ideas are accepted faster than others.
The only reason it took J.K. Rowling so long was because life got in the way of her progress. And yes she is making a lot of money.
I don't think you should put authors down just because they have achieved something faster than you have. Christopher Paolini got his book Eragon published at a young age, mostly due to the fact that he had an in with publishing but it still happened. Don't be discouraged because some things take time.

This in no way means that I love the twilight series. I have read them but still have my qualms with some things in the novels.
Alexsandra
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexsandra.html

Post by Alexsandra »

She is so lucky wow 6 Months,I loved the books and the movies.To bad things got messed up for her for awhile but glad she will again write another book for this saga and hope there will be more love it!:)
amansmith
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Favorite Book: Alpha and Omega and Highland Moonlight
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amansmith.html
Latest Review: "My Journey To Hell (Novelette)" by John D.Ottini
fav_author_id: 4314

Post by amansmith »

Wow. I loved Twilight and I read them every single year. I didn't really enjoy the other book as much, but Twilight remains to be my favorite.
Latest Review: "My Journey To Hell (Novelette)" by John D.Ottini
winsomefish
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winsomefish.html

Post by winsomefish »

I really dislike Twilight and this makes me extremely upset. However, it does explain the terrible grammar and word choice that riddles Twilight.

Return to “Discuss Authors”