Susan Cooper, The Dark is Rising Series

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
tbethg
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tbethg.html

Susan Cooper, The Dark is Rising Series

Post by tbethg »

I read this series in college for a children's literature class and have never forgotten it! Classic dark vs. light and great writing for young adults. What comparisons would you make with today's more modern authors? Will they stand the test of time as Susan Cooper has?
Chris Dutton
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-dutton.html
Latest Review: "NovoPulp 2013-2014 Anthology" by Niamh Brown, Ted Ewen, H. David Blalock, Lacerant Plainer, Micha Fire, Michael David Matula, Rich La

Post by Chris Dutton »

I note this has no supporting posts... I re-read this occasionally. It's dark and brilliant. It's deeper than potter, but probably simpler, maybe a slightly younger audience. But it doesn't offer the same secret gratification of being an accidental wizard :).

Tbh, I'm not sure there's much of a comparison anywhere. The wierdstone of brisingamen?
Latest Review: "NovoPulp 2013-2014 Anthology" by Niamh Brown, Ted Ewen, H. David Blalock, Lacerant Plainer, Micha Fire, Michael David Matula, Rich La

Return to “Discuss Authors”