Would You Want Your Favorite Author To Read A Book You Wrote

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Julia Bonn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Would You Want Your Favorite Author To Read A Book You W

Post by Julia Bonn »

Definitely but I wouldn't send it to them, would just hope they came across it and loved it. If they were in any way disparaging I'd be crushed.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

LivreAmour217 wrote:I am a total chicken, and I would probably not even think about sending anything I wrote to my favorite author. I would be wwaaaayyyyy too embarrassed if I found out that she didn't like it! :oops:

But then again, what if she did like it? :?: Quite the dilemma!
My feelings exactly!!!
hareid03
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hareid03.html

Post by hareid03 »

I would likely be an anxious mess if an author I liked, or even didn't, just if an experienced author read my work. What if they don't like it or give it a bad review? If they were really nice about whatever feedback they had and it could be said through emails I think it would be okay. But if an experienced author read my book and I had to face them I would probably fall apart, I'm just too anxious for that. If I ever get published I don't think I want to do it under my real name.
id123456789
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-id123456789.html

Post by id123456789 »

I would love to show her my work, even if she rejects and doesn't like it I would really don't care. Because who is she? She's just a human like me and you, but is a little famous; well who cares? I wouldn't care even if she's my favorite author. I would just ask her what she thought was wrong and also ask some other author to read it and tell me if something was wrong with it or not.

-Iqra
E-Frapp
Favorite Author: Hemingway - King
Favorite Book: A Moveable Feast
Currently Reading: Doctor Sleep
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-frapp.html

Post by E-Frapp »

Yes, I would love the feedback. I'd be nervous, too, of course.
Where will you be in a year?
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

id123456789 wrote:I would love to show her my work, even if she rejects and doesn't like it I would really don't care. Because who is she? She's just a human like me and you, but is a little famous; well who cares? I wouldn't care even if she's my favorite author. I would just ask her what she thought was wrong and also ask some other author to read it and tell me if something was wrong with it or not.

-Iqra
Nice point! And would she really go off and tell everyone about how horrible it was if she didn't like it? Probably not... but she would go tell people if she did like it, right?
At least, that's what I would hope happens.
SequesteredLeo

Post by SequesteredLeo »

Yes! I would love for Brandon Sanderson to read a book I have written.
MaragothThorn
Favorite Author: GK Chesterton
Favorite Book: Father Elijah by Michael D. OBrien
Currently Reading: Skin by Ted Dekker
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maragoththorn.html
Latest Review: "Bad Endings" by David Bussell

Post by MaragothThorn »

Of course I would! It'd be awesome to listen to what they have to say about a work of mine. Sadly, my author's already dead. So, on to my second favorite author!
Latest Review: "Bad Endings" by David Bussell
AWJO1991

Post by AWJO1991 »

I would totally send D.J MacHale my book, but let me tell you, I'm gonna be freaking out, pulling my hair, anxious to hear back.
pretzelsnow
Favorite Author: Lynn Austin
Favorite Book: Long Time Coming by Edie Claire
Currently Reading: Silas Marner by George Elliot
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretzelsnow.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 7595

Post by pretzelsnow »

I would totally let my favorite author read it and cross my fingers that she loved reading it as much as I loved writing it!:)
When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.
— Walter Lippmann
MikeBrightman

Post by MikeBrightman »

I hope he does - but then again it makes me nervous. After all **** is my first ebook though doing well in UK. I'd like that dinner/drink/coffee with him before he read it! Meeting those you revere can be daunting - several years ago I met the great Roger McGough - had a great influence on my poetry as did the wonderful guys from Liverpool like Adrian Henry etc I joined the book signing queue and had all these things in my head to say/ ask and when I gotbthere I could hardly give my name - a friend who was with me at the time laughed and said she has never known me lost for words before - Hey, I get up and give talks etc - love it - but meeting an idol is far more daunting! I'll ask the GP for some valium next time!!!
Dando
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dando.html
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann

Post by Dando »

I don't picture myself ever writing a book, but if I did I would of course love this amazing opportunity. But I am sure it would be terrifying!
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann
hollynewhouse
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollynewhouse.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by hollynewhouse »

I would love to have my favorite author read my books, I would value her advice and recommendations even if they were critical or negative. An author has to have thick skin these days to make it in the book industry.
KristineNicole
Favorite Author: Emily Bronte
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: The Snow Child By Eowym Ivey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristinenicole.html
fav_author_id: 2494

Post by KristineNicole »

A part of me would love for my favorite living author to read what I had written, a part of me would be anxious to hear what she would say.
CharissKWalker
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 9">Prelude (An Alec Winters Series, Book 1)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by CharissKWalker »

Yes! Definitely.

Return to “Discuss Authors”