nicholas sparks

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Heather
Favorite Author: Diana Gabaldon
Favorite Book: Outlander series
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heather.html
Latest Review: "Differences" by Cristina Monro
fav_author_id: 2373

Re: nicholas sparks

Post by Heather »

I used to try to steer clear of Nicholas Sparks because his stories were always so sad! However, I've seen a few of the more recent movies and liked them a lot, and read a couple of books that weren't as sad either. Granted, they all (except for one that I can think of) do have that touch of "I want to see if I can make you cry" to them. I think my favorite so far is The Lucky One. I liked the book and the movie.
Latest Review: "Differences" by Cristina Monro
taylorhudson310
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylorhudson310.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by taylorhudson310 »

I have read a majority of his novels:

The Last Song
The Lucky One
Dear John
The Notebook
Safe Haven
Nights in Rodanthe
A Walk to Remember

I love his work, he's one of my top favorite authors. Personally, I like the books better than the movies but of course the movies are never exactly like the books. My favorite book of his is The Lucky One for sure, the story of Logan and Beth is incredible, for those who haven't read this book, I highly recommend it :D
Enomis225
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enomis225.html

Post by Enomis225 »

I'm definitely a fan of Nicholas Sparks novels. They are all so beautifully written, despite sometimes being predictable. I just finished reading The Choice for the first time and loved it. The Best of Me and The Lucky One were also ones I've read recently. Safe Haven has to be one of my absolute favorites though....I couldn't stop reading! Can't wait to get my hands on his newest, The Longest Ride...
Age777
Favorite Author: So many to choose...
Favorite Book: As if I could pick just one
Currently Reading: Sammi by W.D. County
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-age777.html
Latest Review: "Sammi" by W.D. County

Post by Age777 »

I watched the movies first and then after how deeply the stories effected me I had to read the original works. I was shocked by how deeply his writing can make me feel. As a writer he is excellent. I can feel more from his writing than any other author I have ever read before. All his writing is excellent. Only one downfall...they always seem to be sad or have a sad ending; which almost makes them better because you truly don't know what to expect.
Favorites:
- The Notebook
- Message in a Bottle
- A Bend in the Road
- A Walk to Remember
- Nights at Rodanthe

They are all excellent reads. I have read more but I can't currently remember them so I can't express an opinion of them right now.
When you're wrong, your really wrong. When you're right, you're a pain in my a$$.
- by Me said originally to my hubby
Latest Review: "Sammi" by W.D. County
andreageorge

Post by andreageorge »

I feel as if you have read one book by Nicholas Sparks, you have read them all. Way too similar!
sdholcombe

Post by sdholcombe »

Nicholas Sparks is awesome. He has a sense of romance that he can bring to life. He leaves you wanting that kind of love or connection with another person. He also shows you different challenges that relationships face. I love Safe Haven, Dear John, & the last song.
justaddcoffee

Post by justaddcoffee »

For me he is hit or miss. But when it's a hit, it's always a tear jerker
Sgalvez6

Post by Sgalvez6 »

I love the Nicholas Sparks books they are a book that you read when you want to feel good. They are an easy read so a great book to read while on vacation and you don't have to actually think about what you have just read.

-- 15 Oct 2013, 17:06 --
Bookgirl96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookgirl96.html

Post by Bookgirl96 »

I have read many of his books and would reccomend them to anyone who enjoys love stories and light easy reading
Paliden
Currently Reading: White Cargo
Bookshelf Size: 1028
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paliden.html
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne

Post by Paliden »

His books are always sad!
I love the movies of A Walk to Remember and the Notebook. But not a fan of his books. Same thing with Dear John. Preferred the movie.
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I love reading Nicholas Sparks, my favorite books are a Walk to Remember, The One, Safe Haven, and The Lucky One :D
lyla_ibrahim
Favorite Author: No one specific
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lyla-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by lyla_ibrahim »

I enjoyed Nicholas Sparks novels, and would go looking for them whenever I need a light and easy reads. I try not to read too much of his books at one time, though. I tend to get boring.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.” – Ernest Hemingway
shortyblue
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shortyblue.html

Post by shortyblue »

I have enjoyed several of his books, although in my opinion, they tend to be bit predictable. I always know something tragic is going to happen at some point, and I can usually guess what it will be by the time I'm halfway through the book.
lyla_ibrahim
Favorite Author: No one specific
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lyla-ibrahim.html

Post by lyla_ibrahim »

shortyblue wrote:I have enjoyed several of his books, although in my opinion, they tend to be bit predictable. I always know something tragic is going to happen at some point, and I can usually guess what it will be by the time I'm halfway through the book.
Same here. His stories are all very wonderful and I enjoyed them, really. But as well, they tend to get very predictable and almost the same plot in every book. I would still read them till the end, though. I don't know how he does it.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.” – Ernest Hemingway
B_elk123
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-elk123.html
Latest Review: "L" by Dane Swan, Various

Post by B_elk123 »

Is it bad that the movies adapted from his books have turned me off from the books themselves. I've never watched a Nicholas Sparks ,live all the way through but the basic premise of them make me gage. There's a great line in the show Castle when a Doestosky book blocks a bullet. "Thank God you weren't reading Nicholas Sparks or you would be dead."
Latest Review: "L" by Dane Swan, Various

Return to “Discuss Authors”