nicholas sparks

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Coen10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: nicholas sparks

Post by Coen10 »

I just bought all 18 Nicholas Sparks novels, so far my personal favorite would without a doubt be A Walk to Remember.
catolle
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catolle.html

Post by catolle »

I absolutely love Nichols Sparks. I haven't read all of his books yet, but all of the ones I have read have grabbed my attention and has placed me right in the story. I am always in the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next. I hate to put these books down.
cdohm
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdohm.html

Post by cdohm »

I love Nicholas Sparks!!! His books are the first "real" books that I started reading. I use to not be a reader, but then I found myself WAITING for anther book to come out. I was actually pre ordering them. Since then, I've branched out and I now love to read.
Uthar902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uthar902.html

Post by Uthar902 »

I am myself a man and I have to say there is nothing wrong for a man to write romance. To have a romance there needs to be two human beings so why should a man not be able to write about it? :) Nicholas Sparks writes really easy to read non complicated books which are perfect to read while on holidays.
monideane21
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monideane21.html
Latest Review: "Return to Knightshayes" by Angela Gait

Post by monideane21 »

I love Nicholas Sparks, although his books are never overly long they manage to capturenthe reader. Every book of his that I have read have been impossible to put down.
Latest Review: "Return to Knightshayes" by Angela Gait
shayna
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shayna.html
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman

Post by shayna »

I like his books. They make me sad...but in a good way (?)
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman
Tianarenee3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tianarenee3.html

Post by Tianarenee3 »

Although his books are sweet and romantic and inspirational, if you really read his words he is vague and evasive. There are no actions besides thoughts and there are no concepts besides inquiries. Don't get me wrong, I always love to snuggle up with a good nick sparks novel on a rainy day or by the beach or just a random afternoon but I always feel that after I read it I am never satisfied. He leaves to many "what ifs" "oh wells" and "doesn't matters". I like his books but don't take his writing as seriously as many others do.
a-Prett
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-prett.html

Post by a-Prett »

I typically steer away from Romance Novels but I do enjoy several of his books. The latest book,The Longest Ride, is my second to favorite with the first being The Notebook. I find his books to be heartbreaking so when I need an emotional read I lean towards his books.
laureng
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laureng.html

Post by laureng »

Nicholas Sparks and his books are great for reading on the airplane or if you just want to get lost in a book for a few days. But outside of that, I am not a fan of his books. I've read several of his books and I can say that they aren't great writing by any means. A Message In A Bottle was by far the best book he's written so far. The movies that they make based on his books are always better than the actual books.
chiliabowl1998
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiliabowl1998.html

Post by chiliabowl1998 »

He is actually really good for being a male romance writer.
sarah-k
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-k.html

Post by sarah-k »

I love his books. They are always an exciting read. I feel like he goes a bit further with his story and character development than other romance novels.
Sarah1
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah1.html
Latest Review: "The Paranormal Gazette" by Anthony Bartholomew

Post by Sarah1 »

I read A Walk to Remember but I find his stories sad so I don't really try to read more.
"You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child." Dr. Seuss
Latest Review: "The Paranormal Gazette" by Anthony Bartholomew
raindropwriter
Favorite Author: Sophie Kinsella
Favorite Book: Twenties Girl
Currently Reading: Strugling for Justice
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raindropwriter.html
Latest Review: "A Happy Accident" by Evan Tyler
fav_author_id: 2960

Post by raindropwriter »

I only read The notebook by Nicholas Sparks and liked it but never picked any other of his work. His books are different from what I prefer to read. I cant bear it if a novel makes me all emotional and makes me want to think about it all the time.
Latest Review: "A Happy Accident" by Evan Tyler
Alexsandra
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexsandra.html

Post by Alexsandra »

He is a wonderful writer that as a man it seams he is really connected to his feelings and the human condition when it comes to the heart.
Titanoboa92
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-titanoboa92.html
Latest Review: "Aim For The Moon" by Gladys Lim

Post by Titanoboa92 »

His books are too similar for me. Most involve at least three of the following criteria: cancer, death, men who are soldiers, fires, and some reason why their love seems impossible but they still manage to fall in love anyway.
Latest Review: "Aim For The Moon" by Gladys Lim

Return to “Discuss Authors”