nicholas sparks

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
BookWorm07
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm07.html
Latest Review: "The Voice of Thunder" by Raina Kadavil

Re: nicholas sparks

Post by BookWorm07 »

schnuze wrote:Love the movie to 'A Walk to Remember'. In fact, I love all of his books. But to be honest, the more I read of him, the more I got the feeling that he constructs his books all in a very similar way. They're good and they made me cry, but somehow they all feel the same. I Can't really explain it.
I know what you mean schnuze. Every Time I read his novels I have cry my eyes out, but still feel like its similar to other novels of his that I've previously read.
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic" - J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "The Voice of Thunder" by Raina Kadavil
kalyever
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kalyever »

I love all of his books! I have read every single one, and for some reason I never can get rid of them. I think it's genius for a guy to be able to write love/romance stories and make them into books that women love over and over again. I also really like that he is so aware of his fan base and keeps things interesting through his Twitter account, including information on his books and which books are becoming movies!
sflaherty42
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sflaherty42.html
Latest Review: "Your Career in a Fish Bowl" by Michael L Wilson

Post by sflaherty42 »

His books are nice for an easy read or on the beach. His themes are a little bit of the same each time but hey, if something works then why stop?
Latest Review: "Your Career in a Fish Bowl" by Michael L Wilson
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

Nicholas Sparks is superb. How can anyone write such touching books. They are all so wonderful and it is amazing how he gets the way people feel - they are not all about romance. The Last Song for example was very much about the relationship between a father and daughter. He addressed many issues in that book. And why shouldn't a man write such great books? It's about being sensitive to people's emotions... man or woman can do that.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
alex_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex.html

Post by alex_ »

I've only read one book from him which was, "A Walk to Remember" and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!
atoillion

Post by atoillion »

All of Nicholas Spark's books are excellent love stories for those sappy, hopeless romantics. If you are wanting a sad and unexpected ending these books will not suffice. So, it depends on what you like in a book, but even though I can pretty much tell you how it'll end...I certainly enjoy the journey he puts in place to get there.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Nicholas Spark's books are a bit sappy and syrupy. Still, I loved The Notebook.

-- 17 Nov 2014, 21:40 --

Nicholas Spark's books are a bit sappy and syrupy. Still, I loved The Notebook.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Dando
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dando.html
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann

Post by Dando »

I found Nicolas Sparks one summer while I was living with my Aunt. I didn’t have any books or money and I couldn’t get a local library card. She had a large Nicholas Sparks collection so I went on a binge and I loved it!
I still consider Nicholas Sparks to be a guilty pleasure, not because there is anything wrong with the author or the genre, but because it is so drastically different from the books I usually read. I guess I don’t like to publicize my soft side either…
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann
KNewton
Favorite Author: Not possible to list
Favorite Book: Not possible to list
Currently Reading: A Bone To Pick (Aurora Teagarden, #2)
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-knewton.html

Post by KNewton »

I was really surprised to find how much I enjoy Nicholas Sparks books. I am not a “chick flick” watcher or generally ready romance books. I have read almost all of his books and genuinely enjoyed each one. At first I thought it was a little odd that a guy was writing a romance book but I quickly tossed the thought aside. His characters are well thought out and easy to relate too in someway. I find myself wanting to reread his books when I’m in a casual reading mood vs other books I’ve read. Plus being from North Carolina, it is nice to read about places I’ve been. My favorites so far have been The Lucky One and The Choice.
ankop95

Post by ankop95 »

I love his style of writing an he makes me look at moments of events in a different way. I don't think it really matters if its a male or female writing romance books because both genders experice love in masteries ways. Its a great thing to have a well known male author writing romance novels because its greats to see a merspective of a males likings/ knowings of love.
JMWHIT
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by JMWHIT »

In my opinion, and that is all it is.... I feel Sparks simply mass produces the same story over and over, and because the general public has little or no imagination, catches the hearts and minds of the majority of western civilization.

However, that being said, I love that he bases all of his books in North Carolina (where I used to live), and I find great enjoyment spotting familiar landmarks.
mountaingirl8
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mountaingirl8.html
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by mountaingirl8 »

Thumbs up for The Best of Me and The Rescue. They are my favorites thus far.

To echo what someone else said, I think he is very empathetic and can write and "feel" women's emotions, which makes him a genius for writing romance novels.

He shows his masculine side, too, by writing fight scenes, crime scenes, and depicting male emotions/character traits like an artist
catt5555

Post by catt5555 »

I like to read his books. They are romantic and easy reads, but his movies are painful to watch. They are always cheesy.
steinhm
Currently Reading: The Silent Boy
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steinhm.html
Latest Review: "The Mysterious Bakery On Rue De Paris" by Evie Gaughan

Post by steinhm »

I have to say I'm not the hugest fan of Nicholas Sparks, I think he's far too much of a cliche and overall his stories are too mushy gushy for me, however, I LOVE the Lucky One. That is by far my favorite. It has both dramatic aspects and parts of it are more than just romance. It deals with the pain of war, the pain of losing someone, and the joy in meeting someone new. I really enjoyed that one, and while I love The Notebook too I have to say I'm not a huge fan on the rest of them.

Also I know this is a book forum, but The Lucky One and The Notebook movies... very good!
Latest Review: "The Mysterious Bakery On Rue De Paris" by Evie Gaughan
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I just finished The Longest Ride and I thought it was an excellent book. I thought it was a great story line and I would recommend it to anyone. I have no issues with a man writing a romance novel, as long as it's a good book.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Return to “Discuss Authors”