Charles Bukowski

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
DiaBoLic
Bookshelf Size: 0

Charles Bukowski

Post by DiaBoLic »

i own and read Post Office by Charles Bukowski and im thinking of reading Ham on Rye next, any other suggestions???
baconpatroller

Post by baconpatroller »

Honestly I'd suggest not to read any more of his books.
DiaBoLic

Post by DiaBoLic »

why?
Isachair

Post by Isachair »

I have to disagree. I haven't read any of his novels but his poetry is amazing...to me anyway. In fact, you've inspried me to read his novels. If you get the cahnce you should see the documentary "Born Into This". This guy was an animal.
xmasinthe70s

Post by xmasinthe70s »

Hollywood, based on his experience making the movie Barfly, is on my to-do list.
willrd

Post by willrd »

bukowski was very original. his ideas and life-style are interesting but on an artistic level, it's really his poetry and not his prose that stands out. i recommend reading his poetry.
morgainelesad

Post by morgainelesad »

I've read most or all of his novels. It is an interesting read, I allways take up his books when I need a rest.
He was a fascinating character, but people shouldn't confuse his life and his work.
So his books are just just a nice read, nothing more.
the biblophile

Post by the biblophile »

factotum and pulp are great, his short story collections are among my favorite books of all time, especially Tales of Ordinary Madness.

Return to “Discuss Authors”