Veronica Roth vs. Susan Ee

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
reginabally
Currently Reading: A Discovery of Witches
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reginabally.html
Latest Review: "Death Takes A Lover" by Olivier Bosman

Veronica Roth vs. Susan Ee

Post by reginabally »

I've read Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth and the first two installments of Penryn & the End of Days (Angelfall and World After) by Susan Ee. I personally think that both of their writing styles are similar in terms of the following aspects:

1) The Main Protagonist

Tris and Penryn are both females and they're brave. Even though Tris doesn't have background in self-defense, both of them knows how to fight using tactics (not brutal force).

2) Pace of the story

The pace of the story is quite fast and straight-forward. I like these type of stories as I'm an impatient person. :P

3) Plot of the story

As a dystopian fiction, both of the series started with a teenage girl who seemed to be normal but end up being a heroin who is trying to save the world. Both series are also written with exciting events and full of actions.

Please comment and let me know what you think.
Latest Review: "Death Takes A Lover" by Olivier Bosman
thebookworm4ever
Favorite Author: Kelley Armstrong
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebookworm4ever.html
fav_author_id: 3117

Post by thebookworm4ever »

This is really difficult because I loved the first two books of Divergent but the third book I really did not enjoy and then I loved Angelfall and World After but I dont know how she will end the series.
Courtney Whittamore
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-whittamore.html
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick

Post by Courtney Whittamore »

Veronica Roth hands down. There is just something about a strong female character with tattoos that makes me so happy. And the fact that Roth is like 25 and accomplished what she has?! Sold.
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick

Return to “Discuss Authors”