Cookbook Authors?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Kayo Smada
Currently Reading: Flora and Ulysses
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayo-smada.html
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Re: Cookbook Authors?

Post by Kayo Smada »

Last fall, I found an old Hoosier Cookbook in a used bookstore. As an international food blogger, I'm cooking my way around the world, but I don't want to forget about the food where I grew up: Indiana. So, I've been working my way around this book off and on. The book was written during the 1970s, but what surprises me is that it contains recipes dating back to the 1800s as well as recipes for household items like face cream and medicinals for common ailments. I've made several tasty dishes from this book and can definitely tell some of these are German, Scots-Irish, and Scandinavian adaptations.
johnnydeep
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by johnnydeep »

Thomasina Miers
Jay Rayner
Allan Jenkins
librosliberum

Post by librosliberum »

I use a lot of online food blogs but also collect cookbooks. I love Bon Appetit's cookbooks and magazines. My two favorite cookbooks are probably the one from online blogger, Deb Perlman of Smitten Kitchen (called the Smitten Kitchen cookbook) and a book called "Around the World in Eighty Dishes" featuring a number of chefs and authors.
Jcarter15

Post by Jcarter15 »

I love the pioneer women's cookbook. So many simple but good receipes.
literarycat
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2331
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarycat.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by literarycat »

I have an irish pub cookbook and a gluten free cookbook that I absolutely love. Then my mom has a country style cookbook I am always looking through for recipes, but I don't recall them having authors rather than an editor.
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
Jcarter15

Post by Jcarter15 »

The Irish pub cookbook sounds wonderful.I love international foods.
Rizbi
Currently Reading: The Girl in the Spider's Web
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizbi.html
Latest Review: "Patrick's Journey" by Roy T Humphreys
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Rizbi »

Almost all of Lidia Bastianich's cookbooks are great - I have them all. But then again, it's just for Italian cuisine. For the rest of the cuisines, I tend to go to New York Times Cooking (they also have an app). Great variety and with easy to average difficulty.
Latest Review: "Patrick's Journey" by Roy T Humphreys

Return to “Discuss Authors”