Chelsea Handler

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
tonyboy425
Bookshelf Size: 0

Chelsea Handler

Post by tonyboy425 »

I love this woman so much. Not only do I love her comedic approach with her books, but I just respect her not caring attitude. She knows the stuff she has done in her life is silly and ridiculous and writes about her experiences in the same fashion. I can picture her saying the words as I read them and crack myself up all the time. My personal favorite is "Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea." I also can't wait for her newest one coming out on March 4th!
Courtney Whittamore
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-whittamore.html
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick

Post by Courtney Whittamore »

I am so glad that someone else recognizes her talent! She is quite the boundary pusher but she doesn't compromise herself in the process. Her books are innovative and relatable to all of us. Her situations are definitely extreme, but we can all relate to the places she finds herself in on some slide on the spectrum. She also has such a wise way of infusing her writing with humor that isn't cheap or easy, but tactful and very purposefully placed. It's nice to see a woman out there who isn't ashamed of her life and her experiences, and is making a killing at the bank off of that pride to boot.
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick
Mecassel0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mecassel0.html

Post by Mecassel0 »

I completely agree! I would much rather have my daughters look up to someone like Chelsea Handler rather than some of the other "famous" women these days. I have read all of her books except for "Uganda Be Kidding Me." I just haven't found the time. However, I did see her "Uganda..." Netflix special and she was hilarious.
Dando
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dando.html
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann

Post by Dando »

I recently read Are You There God It’s Me Vodka and My Horizontal Life. She is a fantastic comedian and writer. I laughed the whole time. She reminds me very much of one of my best friends from college so reading her books felt like being back on my college group email threads. It is very refreshing to see a female public figure using her sexuality and boldness to build her brand rather than trying to hide it to fit into outdated and unjust ideas of femininity.
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann
kellyanne11
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kellyanne11.html

Post by kellyanne11 »

When she had her tv show I watched it everynight but now that it's gone I'm thinking about reading her books. Does anyone recommend a reading order? I'm also excited about her new gig coming to a certain online streaming service!!
wfhslr
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wfhslr.html

Post by wfhslr »

I read her book "Are You There God, Its Me Vodka." Hysterical!

Return to “Discuss Authors”