Young adult authors?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
zeldagreene
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeldagreene.html

Re: Young adult authors?

Post by zeldagreene »

OMG I love young adult. Maybe it's because I am a young adult, but I don't care. It is my favorite genre. I could always read way beyond my age and have great reading comprehension. By the time I was fourteen, I was already reading Anne Rice. But, my heart will always go to young adult. I love writing and reading young adult books and if I ever finish my novel I'm working on, it will be in the young adult genre.
mrsallen7114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsallen7114.html

Post by mrsallen7114 »

I have a teenage developed love for Sarah Dessen -- still love her work to this day.
BookFever
Favorite Book: I could not possibly choose.
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfever.html
Latest Review: "You, in Your Green Shirt" by Barbara Monier

Post by BookFever »

I just turned 27 and I still love YA books. They are nice for easy reads that are entertaining and fun to read. Although I have to say, the more contemporary YA books that are starting to pop up contain deeper plots and I am really enjoying them!
Latest Review: "You, in Your Green Shirt" by Barbara Monier
sharongm

Post by sharongm »

I love reading YA books, mostly because I'm 16 yrs old and because I can relate a lot to what the characters are feeling and talking about. But I find these books a lot easier to read then most novels, maybe because others are a lot more complicated and have things I don't understand yet but I still enjoy reading anything you put in front of me. Also YA books are a lot "safer" than most books out there these days. They're something teens can relate to and find a way to understand how the world works, even if it's through books like The Twilight Saga or even The Hunger Games trilogy, those books express important values like honor, strength and love. I'm also a sucker for a good love story, which these books have plenty of.
TammyO
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Persuasion
Currently Reading: The Husbands Secret
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammyo.html
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by TammyO »

I have a teenager who loves to read YA books. She is always finding new books for me to read; its actually a wonderful love of reading that we share. I really do enjoy her recommendations of YA books.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." ~Tom Clancy
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Young adult is kind of like any other fiction genre, there are good and bad authors inside of it. But they have had a lot of good books and series published in the recent past.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
stacihunsinger
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacihunsinger.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by stacihunsinger »

I have read a lot of young adult books and I must admit that they sometimes have a much better story line then some other book. They also tend to have great series.
hvotruba1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hvotruba1.html

Post by hvotruba1 »

I love YA books. They move at a fast pace, usually, and can hold my attention. I like Jennifer Armentrout, Rachel Vincent, Cassandra Clare, C.C. Hunter, P.C. Cast, Melissa Marr, Maggie Stiefvater... just to name a few!
ThosHowellBookReview
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: Black Hills
Currently Reading: Man and his Symbols by Carl Jung
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thoshowellbookreview.html
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by ThosHowellBookReview »

I recently finished reading Eaglebait by Susan Coryell. This YA book answers the question, "Can a smart kid survive school bullies?" This 154 page novel gives some good advice for teens who encounter problems with bullies.
ksjennin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksjennin.html

Post by ksjennin »

John Green, Ellen Hopkins, and Laurie Halse Anderson are my favorites
Robinmason

Post by Robinmason »

As an ELA teacher, I can say that I enjoy young adult books almost as well as my adult books. I believe that these books have made me appreciate more genres than what I would normally read. I also enjoy the points of view and how they differ from an adult.
pizzapartyy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pizzapartyy.html

Post by pizzapartyy »

Two words: John Green. Start with Looking for Alaska and The Fault In Our Stars and then try Paper Towns, An Abundance, and the rest. His works are magic. Seriously.
Readwith_royella
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readwith-royella.html

Post by Readwith_royella »

I love young adult novels! I think 70% of the books on my shelf comprise of just that , and I guess it's because it's just such a comfortable category that everyone understands and can relate too!
librarydancer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-librarydancer.html

Post by librarydancer »

Rachel Higginson's Star Crossed Lovers series is a wonderfully imagined world perfect for YA.
Nine

Post by Nine »

I just turned 22 and can't get enough of them. They're my favorite genre since, to me, they usually have more creative plots and are less stiff and romantically overdone like a lot of adult novels are.

Return to “Discuss Authors”