Young adult authors?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
courtsrad
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtsrad.html

Re: Young adult authors?

Post by courtsrad »

I love YA books, and mostly gravitate toward that genre.
lyna_lane

Post by lyna_lane »

I love young adult authors like Melissa Marr and Cassandra Clare. Young adult books seem to have more action going on than some of the other genres.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I like to read some adult novels. It just depends on what the book is about. I am really tired of the vampire and supernatural topics. If there is a topic that is different and stands out more, then I definitely go for it. There are a few authors that I am wanting to read though. The last Young Adult novel that I read was Delirium and I thought that was ok. I read the Divergent series before that and I thought it was really good, aside from the ending of the last book.
yett23

Post by yett23 »

I read the novels of Rick Riordan, Stephenie Meyers, Marie Lu, J.K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, and Veronica Roth even if I'm already a grandmother. It keeps me updated with my grandchildren. Sometimes it's nice to read about fantasy, although I also read the classics and works of earlier authors.
csimmons032

Post by csimmons032 »

I read Triple A Blues by Patrick Rockenbach and it was a pretty good book. A nice family book. I gave it 3 out of 4 stars. I would definitely recommend it. It was a completely normal story line, unlike the vampire and supernatural story lines out there today. That is the main reason why I liked it. It is something that you just don't see very often in young adult novels anymore.
BookWormGirl92
Favorite Author: L.J. Smith
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookwormgirl92.html

Post by BookWormGirl92 »

These are the only ones I read. I cannot connect to adult fiction very well
BethanyPrivett
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bethanyprivett.html

Post by BethanyPrivett »

Cassandra Clare, Kiera Cass, Lois Lowry, Ally Condie - just a few of my favourite YA authors.
SarahS

Post by SarahS »

I don't think that anyone can ever outgrow the young adult fiction genre. In my opinion, all conflict that occurs begins in childhood. So, as you age, you can connect with other people of different ages and books help us see that. No matter how old you are your problems all probably stem from close to the same thing. The young adult genre is sort of a middle age between childhood and adulthood, so it is the most relatable to all individuals.
csimmons032

Post by csimmons032 »

Double A Blues and Triple A Blues by Patrick Rockenbach are decent Young Adult novels. Double A Blues is more sports related than Triple A Blues.
superbookgirl1989

Post by superbookgirl1989 »

Listen, this indie author named Steven Jeral Harris wrote this astonishing novel. I usually don't read indie authors too much. But he is one of my favorite authors now. I read his book Untamed and was blown away by the story. Holy cow, who is this guy? I want to know MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone help me, who knows about him????????????????????? I think I may officially be a fanatic, lol.
mnicolds

Post by mnicolds »

Young adult books are amazing!! I feel like they transport you to other worlds as you read them and most books aren't like that. Young adult books can be really unpredictable too which is awesome.
voilette83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-voilette83.html

Post by voilette83 »

I tend to run in phases between reading YA books and Romance reads. Tijan Is by far my favorite YA author. She always seems to keep me engaged, and I never want to put my book down.
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by booklvr62 »

britt1125 wrote:I read them more than I do most adult books. I'm 25 and most of my friends are younger than me. I find they tend to have more books that I enjoy than the adult book section. They also don't have all the sex that seem to pop up every where now days.
I also have enjoyed many YA books for the same reason,however I have also noticed a distressing trend with some YA books becoming as "trashy" as many adult ones with sex and profanity,so one must really pay attention to the book's synopsis,as well as the 1-2 star reviews.IMO,such filth should not even be allowed in books intended for those under age 18! :( :twisted: :snooty:
angela_10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-10.html
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by angela_10 »

I love YA novels. It started as a way to engage in conversation with my niece. She never seems to have much to say when you ask her about her day or school, but when you ask her about what she is reading, she will talk forever. So I started reading some of the same books and realized that I enjoy them just as much as she does. Now she gives me recommendations all of the time!
Michelle Liew
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-liew.html

Post by Michelle Liew »

My favourite would definitely be Suzanne Collins. Her writing has an edge and maturity that goes beyond YA fiction.

-- 28 May 2015, 04:53 --

My favourite would definitely be Suzanne Collins. Her writing has an edge and maturity that goes beyond YA fiction.

Return to “Discuss Authors”