Looking for vampire books!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
jaydub6669
Bookshelf Size: 0

Looking for vampire books!

Post by jaydub6669 »

I've read Rice and Brian Lumley and enjoyed them both. But I am looking for more good books with vampires as the central theme anyone have any suggestions? I would appreciate it!!!
perksofbeingme

Post by perksofbeingme »

i haven't read her yet but word on the street is laurel k hamilton is a good vampire novelist...
How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Sheila
Favorite Author: Impossible to pick
Favorite Book: Gone With The Wind
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Sheila »

I haven't ready Laurel K Hamilton yet either, but my husband who doesn't read very often hasn't put her down since he got bored at work, and found her book in the lost and found. I like The Saint-Germain Chronicles By Chelsea Quinn Yarbro however I recommend spacing out the books because I tend get burnt out on them.
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

I'm just starting Stephanie Meyer's Twilight, and so far I'm LOVING it! Edward Cullen is one sexy vampire.
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

blue_doona32

Post by blue_doona32 »

There is a series called Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz. The second book in the series in called Mascarade and these books are quite tame by way of vampire books, but they were pretty good for a quick read. Check them out if you want a mild vamp flavor (I guess you could say).

Also, the Glass Houses series by Rachael Caine is also a fun read, and I'm not sure what age range I'm looking at here, but these two are good young adult vamp series that entertained me :)
the difference between the right word and the almost right is really a large matter. It is the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning ~Mark Twain
anita blake

Post by anita blake »

Laurell K Hamilton has done two main series. The first is the Anita Blake, Vampire books. Anita Blake is a Vampire executioner, though she does appear to become confused at some point and starts dating vampires.
The second Series is about Faeries. Meredith Gentry is a Faery Princess. These are not pretty fae with wings who bring you wishes. These are more the fighting killing faeries. But they're still very pretty according to the descriptions given in the book.

Oh just to add these book are not for prudes, there is a lot of sex in both.
A real book is not one that we read, but one that reads us. Auden, W. H
aemdis

Post by aemdis »

I haven't given Laurel K Hamilton a very good chance to be honest, it's on my to-do list.

Other than Anne Rice I've found some good vampire novels.

Tom Holland - Lord of the Dead and Slave to my Thirst, very good books, almost actually scared me. Full of rich descriptions too.

Jeanne Kalogridis - The Covenant Trilogy. A really interesting take on Dracula's descendents, gotta love Arkady!

Christopher Pike's The Last Vampire series are good too for a lighter take on it, they also tie it into a more eastern belief system. Jennifer Armintrout has promise too, I'm reading into hers right now and hopefully they will be as good as the ones I've already read.
PaperStory

Post by PaperStory »

Ah well at the very moment I am just starting to read the book: THE VAMPIRES PROMISE, by Caroline B. Cooney.
I literally just started it and i'm on the "1st chapter."
So far it seems moderately good but less than excellent, maybe check it out as an option xD
Hiril Isilme

Post by Hiril Isilme »

I haven't actually read her yet, but Laurell K Hamilton has really good reviews for her Anita Blake series.

Of the vampire novels I read, Stephenie Meyer's Twilight saga is one of the best selling novels these days. Though it is in the teen genre, people of all ages are picking this one up.

Another good author to check out would be Maggie Shayne. She does romance, but they are pretty damn amazing!
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Maggie Shayne is pretty awesome, every time I read one of her books I eat them up.
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Hiril Isilme

Post by Hiril Isilme »

Likewise. Maggie Shayne pretty much created her own vampire universe and Dracula myth (if you've read Prince of Twilight). Personally, she fast became one of my favourite authors and got me into the paranormal genre.
anita blake

Post by anita blake »

She sounds interesting. I'd like to find another good Vampire writer
A real book is not one that we read, but one that reads us. Auden, W. H
dragonheart

Post by dragonheart »

Patricia Briggs is a good vampire novelist. I havent read many of her books but they looked good. :D
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

I recommend Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore and the sequel You Suck!: A Love Story. Both are very good books and what I consider a realistic depiction of what a normal person would do when faced with such a transformation.
Hiril Isilme

Post by Hiril Isilme »

I know this might sound sort of cheesy, but Nora Roberts does have this really good vampire trilogy out... The Circle Trilogy. I thought it was enough to rival Lord of the Rings personally. Its romance, of course, but has fantasy, contemporary, and action....and some amazing battle scenes. Its really hard for me to describe what its like...but after I finished it, I couldn't breathe. It was amazing. Just utterly amazing. Anyone looking for a vampire/romance story shouldnt check this one out.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”