Looking for vampire books!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
mydavilar
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mydavilar.html

Re: Looking for vampire books!

Post by mydavilar »

A lot of people mentioned Christine Feehan and the House of Night series. I've tried reading the Morganville vampires but it didn't really catch my attention. Hannah Howell and Lyndsay Sands have a couple of vampire books... if you like a little bit of an old-world twist to things. I think someone mentioned the Blue Bloods series by Melissa De La Cruz which is actually a REALLY good series.... and of course we can't forget the Sookie Stackhouse series.
samanthaeh76
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthaeh76.html
Latest Review: "The Colonies" by Paul Benoit

Post by samanthaeh76 »

My favorites are fairly old school.

I like Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's St. Germain books, Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I have read a lot of the new vampire series, and they are all right. Out of them, my favorites would be the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris and Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series (although it's more about killing vampires). I read a few of the Anita Blake series but just couldn't get into it.
Latest Review: "The Colonies" by Paul Benoit
LunaMoody
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunamoody.html

Post by LunaMoody »

Try Yasmine Galenorn Night Myst series or her other series Witchling [Otherworld, Bk 1]. Both series are really good
britt1125
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt1125.html
Latest Review: "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis

Post by britt1125 »

If you haven't already you should try the Dark series by Christine Feehan. She's an amazing writer.
They are not called vampires in this set, but the concept is the same.
There is 25 books in the collection but they are not the type of books that you have to read from book 1 to book 25. You can start with 15 and not be confused. The way they are written you get a different set of people with each book. They do tie in together but not in such a way that it would matter witch you read first.
Latest Review: "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis
AmandaXoxox
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AmandaXoxox »

Chicagoland Vampires series By Chloe Neill
Black Dagger Brotherhood series By J.R. Ward
Immortal Guardians series By Dianne Duvall
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

I loved the Black Dagger Brotherhood and Immortal Guardian series but I have not read the Chicagoland Vampire series.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
sweetie545
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetie545.html

Post by sweetie545 »

Oh god i have a ten mile long list for this.
Captivating
Thirst
Midnight Fire series
Witch Blood
Awakened
A Job From Hell
A Shade of Vampire
Free Falling
Secret Blood Line
Dream Realm Trilogy
Twilight
My Vampire Crush
Vampire Kisses
Vampire Academy
Vladimir Todd series
And many many more, this is just of the top of my head, so sorry, no authors
InconstantMoon
Favorite Author: Meg Cabot
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inconstantmoon.html
fav_author_id: 2593

Post by InconstantMoon »

This may seem a little out there, but I am currently reading Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and it is very very good. It's a fun way to look at history and the vampire part of it is very fresh and interesting.
arapier
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arapier.html

Post by arapier »

I haven't read any of her stuff lately, but I've heard Anne Rice is good. Also, Gail Z Martin has an epic fantasy series that isn't exclusively about vampires, but they're in it quite a bit. It's called Chronicles of the Necromancer.
Fordette89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fordette89.html

Post by Fordette89 »

I really love Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series. It is way better than the tv series True Blood which is based on the books.
beccaboo75
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: Geralds Game
Currently Reading: Forever His A Time-Travel Romance
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beccaboo75.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by beccaboo75 »

Would recommend Vampire State of Mind by Jane Lovering. Great vampire book with romance, thrills and a sense of humour.
Kerbi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kerbi.html

Post by Kerbi »

My blood approves series by Amanda hocking. I've read the series a few times, it's not Rice but it was enjoyable anyway!
whitewing2611
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Favorite Book: Wintersmith - Terry Pratchett
Currently Reading: The Sleeping Beauty - Mercedes Lackey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitewing2611.html
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by whitewing2611 »

Try Karen Chance. Quite an original take on vamps and her Cassandra Palmer series is amazing. Chicagoland Vamps by Chloe Neill is good too. I hated Anita Blake. I think her books are disgusting sexually.

OOOOOO try Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger. I really really enjoyed her books. They are set in the Victorian Era and Werewolves and Vamps came out.
AMP76
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: Consilience
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amp76.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by AMP76 »

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was a good read, a nice blend of vampires and history! The same author, Seth Grahame-Smithe also wrote Pride Prejudice and Vampires! It was an entertaining parody novel and stayed with the storyline. I actually reread Pride and Prejudice then read the vampire version, I think the vampire version was easier to read.
Adventure...one part stupidty plus two parts perseverence....yeah, that's me!
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
nikkisworld1192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkisworld1192.html

Post by nikkisworld1192 »

You should try Glass Houses by Rachel Caine. There are 15 books to the Morganville Vampire series, but it keeps you interested. Its a young adult fiction based on 4 teenagers (16-19 year olds) living in a town full of vampires. All kinds of crazy things happen. Also City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is a series you won't put down. But it has more than just vampires.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”